Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Wasn't too bad, though I'd knocked over the 7 Garage Sales in Morwell prior t owaiting in the line.
Went straight to the enids and scored 10 hc's re-prints, always good for the tourists.
Then around into the main hall and filled a couple of bags full with BBC DVD's, Open All Hours, Father Ted, Porridge etc...
Then onto the lonely planets, most were already taken so over to the gen fiction and scored the 1st 6 small pb evanovich's, over to craft and got a gold prospecting book along with some dolls house books.
After filling 10 green bags, I was out of there and on the way back to Wonthaggi, dropped into the opp shops in Mirboo Nth and Leongatha, scored some local history books on Gippsland and then found a Garage Sale in Inverloch where I made an offer on what they had left and got 6 green bags full of sci-fi sets and the like.
Couldn't fit any more in the car at this stage so I left behind all of the rest.
Message 531 of 1,392
Latest reply

Dang, gold prospecting was one of the subjects I was looking for. I tend to steer clear of craft as I know nothing about it. I found an Evanovich TPB, you must have missed it, lol. Ran into Manyhills in the main hall. You probably have a faster system than me Rama. We ended up a fair way towards the back of the queue thanks to Maccas taking over 20 minutes to make me a small latte. X-(
Message 532 of 1,392
Latest reply

If they had of opened right on 9am, I wouldn't have had as much competition.
Think I picked up no 13 in the trade Evanovich.
Very jealous of the peeps out the front in the foyer picking over the ones they would keep.
Didn't have my other set of hands and eyes with me today as he was bowling so missed out on getting a lot more than I did.
Message 533 of 1,392
Latest reply

Carmel, there's a really good Garage Sale on tomorrow in Traralgon.
I might be wrong, but it sounds good in the Express.
Message 534 of 1,392
Latest reply

Dammit David, I wish you hadn't posted that. I'm supposed to be mowing the lawn tomorrow. Now I'll have to check that GS out. I hadn't checked the paper before now, lol.
Message 535 of 1,392
Latest reply

In the Express for 2 weeks prior to that Library
sale-anyone who helped them set up on the
Friday night got first pick of the books!
Richo.
Message 536 of 1,392
Latest reply

South Australia

Spring Secondhand Book Sale at The Wheatie: Saturday October 23rd, 12-6 pm.

Wheatsheaf Hotel 39 George Street Thebarton.

I picked up a few gems at the last one of these so it's worth a look ๐Ÿต
Message 537 of 1,392
Latest reply

For any central QLDer's Quota Bookfest Maryborough City Hall.

From 7.30 am on September 23 -25 the Maryborough City Hall will be filled with books... Hundreds of thousands of books will be available covering almost every topic, and a great selection of children's books, priced from just 20c - well so the ad runs...

Will try and get there as just half an hour from here on the Fraser Coast..

Love Books.. pretty sure you probably don't need any more books right now but think might be reasonably close to your vicinity too ๐Ÿ™‚ if it sounds tempting!

Thanks Books - still trying to clear some more of the 1000 and I don't tend to check this thread too often ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 538 of 1,392
Latest reply

For Sydney people, Beecroft Rotary are having their annual book fair...

The Beecroft Rotary Book Fair will be held on Sat and Sun 30th and 31st October 2010 from 9am at Cheltenham Scout and Guide Hall, The Crescent , Cheltenham 2119 ( near Beecroft Rd)

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 539 of 1,392
Latest reply

I found this link that might be useful for those on the east coast - http://www.collectingbooksandmagazines.com/fairs.html

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 540 of 1,392
Latest reply