$25 for expedited shipping?

Can I please ask some advice without getting torn to shreds? Thanks.

I bought some items from a seller in China - yes, it's those 100 chains. He/She quotes Economy Delivery (ie Free Shipping) as 12 - 21 business days; Expedited Shipping (cost $25 USD) as 2 - 6 business days.

I paid the $25 extra to have expedited shipping. I sent him several messages prior to paying asking for a combined invoice with Expedited Shipping - he answered none of them. When I paid through PayPal I attached a note saying "please send all my items by expedited delivery and I paid the invoice including the $25 shipping.

I emailed the seller 29/08, to ask about the items saying:

I paid $25 for expedited delivery on these items. Your listing says 2-6 business days. You marked as posted on 22/12 - it's been 4 business days already. I hope they come on or before Friday because I need them urgently.

He sent me a message back:
i am very very sorry, i mad a mistake, i use free shipping for it, now i will refund USD 25 when you receive it. do you agree?

Why is he saying he will refund the $25 shipping after I receive the items? Shouldn't he refund the shipping immediately since he didn't use it?

And now for the $64,000 questions - should I leave him negative feedback? Now? After 22 days when I don't receive them? After I receive them?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: $25 for expedited shipping?

typan12
Community Member

Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean we aren't out to get you :^O

ROFLMAO.... Now that is GOLD

Message 31 of 54
Latest reply

The one I always use is -

It's not paranoid to think the world is out to get you if it is.

Got it from a Hagar comic. Wisdom can come from anywhere. :^O

Message 32 of 54
Latest reply

Seriously rabbit if you have a problem with the posters here and you want to communicate with only one or two others then a private group would be ideal for you.

You would be able to invite only those posters you trust and are comfortable with and we won't be able to see what you are doing therefore won't be able to take the micky out of you.

As most here think the worst about your purchase of 100 chains from China and you clearly want to make sure some posters know where the purchase is at then a private group would have to be your best option.

I don't have a problem with the posters here but some of them obviously have a problem with me.

Message 33 of 54
Latest reply

Ok, this started out as about chains, shipping costs, refunds and turned into the dictionary hunters expedition?:|;-)

Now to the original script - if he's going to refund you money you don't want, then just say thank you but not necessary, please be more careful in future.

May your chains never rust]:)

Message 34 of 54
Latest reply

May your chains never rust

Or turn your skin green ;\

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 35 of 54
Latest reply

....or end up in a stew.......

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 36 of 54
Latest reply

Take these chains from my heart and set me free while singing an unchained melody and beware of ending up in a chain gang.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 37 of 54
Latest reply

I know you are all waiting to see if the chains arrive OK. They arrived today, and guess what, I have left positive feedback for one item and I am still contemplating whether to leave feedback for the others. Do you think I should?]:)

Message 38 of 54
Latest reply

What do YOU think?

Feddback is YOUR perception of the transaction.

Message 39 of 54
Latest reply

a green negative, how wishy-washy... and it'll be off page one in a day or so.:O

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 40 of 54
Latest reply