High postage cost

takut0
Community Member

I just recieved my item today and I'm overal very pleased with the goods but not the postage/handling fee. I fully agreed to pay the postage cost when I hit 'buy' button BUT I didn't expect to get majorly ripped off either.

They charge $6 for standard postage.

Well item turns up to doay...The package costs $1.05 (even cheaper if bought in bulk) and the stamp $1.40 (two 70cents stamps).

Plus, the package it came in is padded bag so there wasn't charges for bubble wrap.

Sooo..the "handling fee" is $3.55? That seems to be a bit high, right?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: High postage cost

yes it does. woohoo new page..

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

so all packages need to withstand a 20kg crowbar (a long metal bar for digging/grinding) from waist hight.

it depends, is the crowbar longer than 105cm?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

A crowbar would exceed Aust post's size limit I should think.

Anyway, all packages must have proper packaging before they are allowed to be posted so the force of dropping a 20 kg package does not equate to a crowbar being dropped from the same height.

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

see? size really does matter....

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

Don't forget that it depends how the ''package'' is presented to Aust Post. LMFAO Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

waist high ??????

A couple of years ago, on a plane to NZ - luggage, mail bags, everything was thrown down to the ground from the cargo door.  

I saw this myself, so if the parcels are going interstate probably the same thing is happening around Aussie.  

At my local PO I Have seen the mail contractor loading the parcels into the truck - just throws them in 5 ton van, except for the parcels which had a fragile sticker on them including one I had sent that day.

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

@trusteduserid wrote:

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

Don't forget that it depends how the ''package'' is presented to Aust Post. LMFAO Smiley LOL

They're insatiable! Two packaging peaNuts just aren't enough for them!

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

@trusteduserid wrote:

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

They're insatiable! Two packaging peaNuts just aren't enough for them!

Maybe they think the ''peanuts'' are too small for the ''package'', or it could be vice-versa?

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

and thus, we come full circle, eh?

size really does matter....

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

How big is the parcel being dropped (that weighs 20kg)? Do they drop parcels?

I double-box things when necessary and still feel nervous. I am not sure if there is any real parcel love going on.

Have seen a postie on motorbike ride over my soggy front lawn and then attempt to hurl a package onto my

patio. Package missed and landed in the wet dirt of the garden bed - just as I was walking out the front door.

Postie was "sprung bad". In future he tooted his horn and handed me packages if I was home. Win win =

I get a reasonably unscathed package and he doesn't have to get off his bike to retrieve muddy package.

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply