Shady neighbour

Friday 7.45am I think possibly my Ebay parcel may have been nicked from my front door as I heard and saw courier attempting to deliver it. Think it would have been Australia post contractor (also viewed a scuffle with someone) then saw courier leave to get back into post van, went to check for parcel but no luck. Parcel from Canada, no track number. Saw somebody grab courier by his top, positive it was female attacking him . Would have been person who lives in my block of flats. Saw all this from my loungeroom window. Could anyone advise me what to do at all? I have home contents insurance. I am hoping courier put parcel back into van due to the trouble. Very very distressing. Would have run to front door but was in pyjamas. Spoke with post office this morning personally but they did not seem that concerned. Any good ideas about what I can do?
Message 1 of 195
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shady neighbour

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

If a courier was attacked while making a delivery and  had a parcel snatched out of his hand, I can't help thinking he would have reported it. 

If he had followed proceedure the incident would be reported to the base and the driver would be taken off the road and have to report it to the police.

It would not be business as usual and if the driver had been injured it would probably have been on the news.

Michelle must live in a very rough neighbourhood if an incident such as she describes is reasonably common.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 195
Latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Shady neighbour

You could contact the courier company if it wasn't APO.

Try contacting the complaints department of APO if it was one of their drivers and your local PO isn't interested.

Contact the Police, report the alleged theft.

I don't think that Home contents insurance covers theft and your excess may be more that the value of your missing item.

Sorry I can't suggest anything more positive.

Message 2 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Thankyou.
Message 3 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

are you serious. You said this once before that someone nicked your parcel and it turned up.

Here's a good idea. Chill out

Message 4 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Michelle, if it is the item you bought on the 29th October then you need to wait a bit longer before going in with all guns blazing and accusing anyone of theft.

Two weeks from Canada, even from BC, is too short a time frame to decide it has gone missing.

How do you know that AP was delivering your parcel?  Did the driver knock on the door or ring the bell?

I am not surprised that the post office is unconcerned....how many times have you jumped the gun on missing parcels that have turned up after you have had your panic attack?

Message 5 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

If a courier was attacked while making a delivery and  had a parcel snatched out of his hand, I can't help thinking he would have reported it. 

Message 6 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

If he had followed proceedure the incident would be reported to the base and the driver would be taken off the road and have to report it to the police.

It would not be business as usual and if the driver had been injured it would probably have been on the news.

Michelle must live in a very rough neighbourhood if an incident such as she describes is reasonably common.

Message 7 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Perhaps the driver was delivering an item in exchange for cash and ...... well ........ interesting description of what was observed from the loungeroom window.

Message 8 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Maybe the low life former neighbours followed her to the new address to continue making her life miserable? The might have missed her after she moved, so waited until a flat in the new block became available.

Message 9 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Michelle, if there was a scuffle, definitely report all that you saw. An attack on an employee/contractor should be taken seriously by the delivery company. Don't worry about being in your pjs, if your parcel is at stake. My posties have seen me in my pjs and didn't get too shocked ๐Ÿ™‚

hopefully wasn't your delivery and it turns up soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 195
Latest reply