Shady neighbour

Friday 7.45am I think possibly my Ebay parcel may have been nicked from my front door as I heard and saw courier attempting to deliver it. Think it would have been Australia post contractor (also viewed a scuffle with someone) then saw courier leave to get back into post van, went to check for parcel but no luck. Parcel from Canada, no track number. Saw somebody grab courier by his top, positive it was female attacking him . Would have been person who lives in my block of flats. Saw all this from my loungeroom window. Could anyone advise me what to do at all? I have home contents insurance. I am hoping courier put parcel back into van due to the trouble. Very very distressing. Would have run to front door but was in pyjamas. Spoke with post office this morning personally but they did not seem that concerned. Any good ideas about what I can do?
Message 1 of 195
Latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Shady neighbour

Michelle has already stated that she went to the police and they were not interested, which is not surprising as Michelle does not even really know if it was her parcel involved or indeed if anything really was stolen.

If there really was an incident involving an AP driver or any other courier driver then the driver and his company would be responsible for reporting it, not a member of the public who "might" have seen "something" but they are not sure what.

Message 21 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Well low and behold another parcel has mysteriously disappeared from my front doorstep (they say lightning does not strike twice in the same place) this was nearly 2 weeks ago. I did see the courier leave it at the door as I was sitting in my loungeroom and heard next door neighbour snatch it from him she had flown out of her door like a giant horrible Bat. Next thing another neighbour(male) a real decripid looking thingCat Frustrated 4 door away from me walks past my loungeroom and he has the parcel in a bag. The contents of parcel was pet food Been to police nothing, told  landlady also and she couldnt care a less . So this weeek have to go to a pawn shop to get some money to rebuy the items again. I am utterly in shock by all this. Also Post Office dont want to know about it. What will I tell seller? Parcel has been stolen,,,,,I dont want this on my Ebay record.I cant get a refund actuallys it would be illegal. It is a matter between the post office and myself. Please any suggestions...this attitude ain"t right.

Message 22 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

I think its time you got yourself a P.O Box

Message 23 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Its not the sellers fault you items get stolen.

Before you buy something why not contact the seller and offer a bit extra so items can be sent SOD, that way your item will be sitting at the post office waiting for you to sign and collect it.

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 24 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

i think you need a guard , to scare off your parcel thiefs , do you know any big strong men or even women , i would come and help but i am a bit busy at the time , 

have you thought of changing your cats diet , as i asume its the cat food that is getting pinched from canada . 

good luck and i hope you catch the thief next time, 

Message 25 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Michelle, Definitely try to buy only from a seller where you have to sign for it next time. Maybe explain you have had deliveries stolen and your sellers will accomodate this request. Not nice to have things taken, so brazenly, too.

Otherwise think of maybe trying to get a video of your thief on your phone and catch them in the act if you can. Have your phone handy/camera when expecting a delivery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 26 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Michelle, if you have so little money that you need to get money from the pawn shop, what are you doing buying pet food from overseas, especially when you have things go missing on a regular basis.

I am really not surprised that the police and your landlady are not interested....you have far more dramas than the average person and they always work out in the end,

Message 27 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

" So this weeek have to go to a pawn shop to get some money to rebuy the items again "

Michelle, this is an eBay forum ......... eBay, where you buy and sell online.  Very few people have used pawn shops in Australia this century since online shopping became available.  If you require any assistance to sell some of your excess items on eBay, I'm sure there would be many who could assist.

Message 28 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Can't sell rodents animals on eBay unfortunately cathy...........................smileys-scare-207731.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 195
Latest reply

Shady neighbour

Cathy,  selling stuff here is not gunna feed the critters this week.

And you've never heard of cash converters?

Message 30 of 195
Latest reply