pitney bowes postal scam

ag4440
Community Member

the global shipping program is a scam

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: pitney bowes postal scam

Not a scam per say but it's a joke. You pay twice as much to get the goods in double the time. And eBay seem to be forcing sellers into using this program. I've had a parcel sitting with them for days and they haven't yet sent it onwards. And there's no way to contact them.

I will no longer buy from sellers that use this service.

Message 11 of 64
Latest reply

I tried this with a seller and she has been so helpful. She cancelled the listing that used GSP and relisted so I could buy it without GSP but eBay overrode this and forced her to send via GSP. So it's not the seller's fault but I'm really cranky about it.

Message 12 of 64
Latest reply

List your iPhone & if it doesn't sell we'll give you a $100 voucher to use on eBAY - Now that's a Scam!

Yes eBAY I caught you out didn't I....!

Message 13 of 64
Latest reply

I've purchased tens of items under the GSP.  I've had items shipped to me from the US weighing in excess of 10kg for US$30 or so - a fraction of what it would cost me if the seller shipped via normal means.  My only complaints are that FedEx tends to hold onto parcels for a few days since PBI only pay for economy shipping.  Items take 2-3 weeks travel from the seller to the destination so the transit time is roughly equal to USPS Priority Mail from the US.  While direct shipping from the seller is cheaper for small items, you can bet your life that GSP is *MUCH* cheaper if / when you're buying larger items, or large quantities of an item.

Message 14 of 64
Latest reply

You and your seller can override the GSP by logging into eBay US and you requesting an invoice through the shopping cart. The seller can then send an invoice with the postage cost for USPS. EBay even suggests that for small items you do this to save on paying ridiculous postage.

Another misconception is that sellers don't have a choice about using the GSP, that's a big furfy. Most have signed up not realising the implications for foreign buyers. THey can opt out any time they like.

As already mentioned, for larger, heavier items, it works out much cheaper to have it sent using the GSP.

Message 15 of 64
Latest reply

I just got stung by these crooked **bleep**s. I had no idea what this charge was on my PP account NEVER had it before. On closer examination I realised they converted my payments to an exchange rate of $1Australian to $US0.7196cents...Bull **bleep**. I printed the exchange rate when I bought the items to be exactly sure of funds...I keep good books..The exchange rate was $1Aus = $US0.75... They have STOLEN over 3% from me. Then I paid shipping to the seller and then their bill amount just STOLEN straight from my PP and Bank Account at the DOCTORED exchange rate for shipping again, another $27.77...EBAY is over for me after over 15 years. I will be posting this everywhere I can online to show people what corporate theft really is.....It's name is EBAY and Pitney Bowes inc....Will be removing my listing NOW.
What a disgrace Ebay has become...

Message 16 of 64
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes is a shipping company....they have absolutely nothing to do with the exchange rates used by paypal, which you obviously do not understand anyway.

I advise you to stop badmouthing a company that has nothing to do with your misunderstanding of exchange rates.

Message 17 of 64
Latest reply

if you feel so strongly that ebay/paypal/pitney bowes is ripping you off your only option is to stop buying on ebay.

comming onto a public forum and complaining wont change a multinational companys agenda.

all of these companys terms and condition are available to read, plus you agree to them everytime you hit the buy/bid button.

Message 18 of 64
Latest reply

I won't either madamsmilla. Paying double of what you would pay if you used First Class International just isn't an option to many people. I have collector friends who are so saddened by this. Smiley Sad Many of them don't know what to do. I do agree with your stance. But, to me this is a joke but also smells like a scam-scheme.Cat Frustrated

Message 19 of 64
Latest reply

4channel,  stop already with the GSP bashing.

All you're doing is dragging up old threads, to no advantage.

We get it, that you don't like it.

Just get over it.  Don't use it.   Simple

It's not going away

Message 20 of 64
Latest reply