My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

Very quiet day spent here today.  Managed to get some petunias and dianthus planted in the small courtyard  garden, the bulbs are all finished there , so it was looking a tad bare.  NN I have a cpl of David Austin roses, I don't find them any more trouble than any other rose to grow.

My Bansia roses are bloomng like mad atm and make my house look very "cottagey" 

sIMGP0217.JPG 

Message 211 of 6,720
Latest reply

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Very nice ladies there is nothing more rewarding than planting new plants and watching them grow and flower..love roses and bg you look like you scored some great roses,lucky you!!J`oono would you know if that rose is a David Austin one?I don`t have any of those in my garden and was wondering if they are good type to grow.

I got lots done today and managed to visit my FIL and so pleased I did, it was a good day for him.

As I was leaving he said "do you know how to get back here?"

I assured him I did and he said "good, you have no idea how pleased I am to see you" 🙂

I managed to  prune my topiary as well!

Message 212 of 6,720
Latest reply

Gardens look great now, freddie.

Are you not concerned that someone may 'steal' some potted plants, if the garden beds are visible/close to the street (not suggesting you live in an area where that is likely to happen, I am just a bit wary of that).

Message 213 of 6,720
Latest reply

I don't think it's a David Austin one Nics.  The label just says Old World Rose, Floribunda 1909.

I was reading some gardening sites and David Austin classes it as an old English rose and Hybrid tea and different sites say it is either hybrid tea or floribunda.  It is supposed to flower very well and in abundance.  It is apparently a lower growing rose than the other two I have, supposedly about 3-4 feet.

The flower is very full, heaps of petals and I think that is what makes it look so old fashioned.

Your banksias are beautiful Bushies girl.  I love the look of your home.

Joono
Message 214 of 6,720
Latest reply

The two DA roses I have are called St Cecillia, very pretty pale pink colour am trying to find a pic but I think they are in my other puter.

TY re my house Jonno, it's 100 yrs old and definately a work in progress

Message 215 of 6,720
Latest reply

This is a picture of the home I grew up in, it's over 150yrs old around the front of the house it had the most beautiful wrought iron, below that middle window it has a royal insignia.

A3 since moving here 4 yrs ago I have had my navy wrough iron setting on the front patio, so I kinda feel things are safe, but I guess a pot plant would be easy to snitch.

Message 217 of 6,720
Latest reply

Whose house is that, freddie?     Cos I'll swap for that one

edit:  guess I shoulda waited a while

Message 218 of 6,720
Latest reply

Where did the picture go?

That was my Mum and Dads house stawks, I grew up there.

Message 219 of 6,720
Latest reply

The photo of the two storey house is still there.

Is it still maintained well today, freddie? It is a very impressive looking house.

Message 220 of 6,720
Latest reply