Sineater - psst...in here

I just watched Materchef  US Season 5 Episode 1

(Thought I better start a new thread and not hijack the Australian one)

Plus we can add Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares to this one too.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 338
Latest reply
337 REPLIES 337

Re: Sineater - psst...in here

has he got one to make chinese sticky rice? i would love to learn how to make that! ykwim,the sweet rice, that real chinese people serve in a ball wrapped in some kind of leaf,as a dessert or a palate cleanser? 

mr. kwan wouldn't teach me those,it was a family thing only. 

taste my religion! nibble a witch! 😄
Message 191 of 338
Latest reply

Crikey, I appreciate the invite and it sounds like a blast, but it's not really possible for me right now. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, so to speak. I'd love to hear about it though, if you're open to sharing your results here.

Photobucket
Message 192 of 338
Latest reply

francis b. did double fry the spring rolls.BIG nono!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. I think he was panicking at that moment. I agree about Elise and Francis L's dish, it WAS scary looking. Kinda over the top.

Photobucket
Message 193 of 338
Latest reply

GR may have one in his Great Escape Series?

I don't know, I haven't seen those

Is that what you are after in the video?

I reckon you couldn't go too far wrong seeing if Chan Yan Tak has published anything iof that's not what you mean

Otherwise have a look around You Tube? See if any of those are what you are after?

There are some great Thai ones on there,

The extent of my Chinese cooking is pretty much spending hours and hours battering and deep frying pork for sweet and sour pork every Saturday for about 4 months at a 1000 seater seafood smorgasboard restaurant LOL (go figure, but we had three or four chefs who knew that stuff, so they had a whole oriental station set up on Sat Night race nights (when the place was full - it overlooked the trotting/pace tracks) But the pork came out of Charcuterie for some reason, probably cos I was the only apprentice on that shift and anyone with a choice wouldn't want that job hahaha

That was where I first learned ice and margaring carving - from a Chinese Chef - that's all he did 40 hours a week was make centrepieces for the buffets, I used to go in 4 or 5 hours early most day so I could work with and learn from him - he did the ice cravings from scratch, including actually making the ice (special method and recipe for making ice cubes that big LOL) Serious!

I was there for a Christmas Buffet, and the centrepiece was a 48 piece ice carving (each piece was bigger than 2 brocoli boxes!) of Santa in his sleigh with the reindeers! Chewy made the thing downstairs in the Ice area block by block and then assembled it after it was all done. How good is that? To be able to carve each piece individually and have them all fit together with no practise run

I like Yum Cha though - but just to eat it LOLOL

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 194 of 338
Latest reply

i'll see if i can find one soon! 

and as for hell's kitchen tonight...i weep. i'm SO disappointed in joy!! 

Message 195 of 338
Latest reply

tonight's masterchef-dan wu,i'm SO sorry to see you go instead of cutter! but your cake was AWFUL!  yes,cutter was a butthead,and his frosting was too sweet,but dude,you FRIED your cake.

terrible shame...

i give christine huge credit for being a great leader,but i also give credit to willie for pulling it together,too!

piegirl...honey,PULEEZ!! it isn't that tough to cut a club without smooshing it! and leslie,you had some nerve faulting daniel who WAS helping while you burned toast and screwed up eggs,and then continued to BURN toast,when it was all you needed to do!!!

and i was realy proud of willie for his integrity,as was gordon! YAY WILLIE!!

Message 196 of 338
Latest reply

Congratulations on the new job!!!Woman Very Happy

Message 197 of 338
Latest reply

What day do you start?

Message 198 of 338
Latest reply

Oh no!

I just heard the bad news.Smiley Sad

You even said that you had been "good" ... sorta ... - you should take that test kit back and get a refund!!

Best of luck next time.

Message 199 of 338
Latest reply

Oh no, don't tell me.

Wha happened?

I should but some money on that one.

Hey, it's Bush's fault.

"If it is once again one against forty-eight, then I am very sorry for the forty-eight." ~ Margaret Thatcher

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson
Message 200 of 338
Latest reply