Sineater - psst...in here

I just watched Materchef  US Season 5 Episode 1

(Thought I better start a new thread and not hijack the Australian one)

Plus we can add Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares to this one too.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 338
Latest reply
337 REPLIES 337

@lealta wrote:

Polly, I too know about being made fun of for your name.  Not much for my first name Susan, but my maiden name was Cone.  I got "Ice cream cone", "conehead", "conerboner" (that one was mostly for my brothers). 

Oh Lealta kids can be cruel. lol

Sin.....sorry about Big Willy. : (

I know he was one of your favorites.

Photobucket
Message 331 of 338
Latest reply

at this point,i'm terrified that leslie will win. he's a great cook and all,but he is missing many qualities that would make for a great cookbook. teamwork, and description are really important to to be a good cook,and even more,a good teacher. 

i get teased because i'm very descriptive when i write out recipes,but the people who tease are also the ones who thank me for annoying them with too much description,if that makes any sense. 

i see so many recipes that are missing ingredients,or measurements,or cook times,and these are in books by pros!!!

taste my religion! nibble a witch! 😄
Message 332 of 338
Latest reply

Have you bought any of the cookbooks from that show Sin?

Now that Willie's gone...who would you like to see win?

Photobucket
Message 333 of 338
Latest reply

yup! i have whitney's,christine's and just got luca's as an early bday present. all are excellent,and what's cool for me,easily adaptable recipes ,for our tastes. like,we are NOT fans of mushrooms,i can eliminate them,or do stuff like replace them with water chesnuts,stuff like that.

i think i'd like to see christian win,at this point. or jamie. reminds me,i forgot to tell you about this! you know i discuss this show on my soap opera board,i think? 

one of the posters was curious about jamie's voice being the way it is,and he thinks it's possible she has distonia,i think it's called. 

it's a condition that can cause many problems,one of which is the breaking voice,another is the rapid squinting blink she does sometimes. it was interesting reading,and i gained alot of insight. if she does have this,and i think he may be right about it,i really admire her! 

but even if she doesn't,she's been astoundingly brave,considering her obvious lack of self esteem. and she's GOOD,she's really good! 

the other 4 are good too,but i wouldn't buy their book. i WOULD buy jamie's,or christian's,because i like their concepts.

looking forward to tonight's battle!! who do you see leaving tonight? and who would you like to win? and who's book would you(or hubby,i know he cooks) buy?

Message 334 of 338
Latest reply

Well bye bye Jamie. Smiley Sad

I felt really bad for her....I think Gordon and Graham were really sad about it too. Did you see the look on Grahams face? He looked upset and Gordon offered to help her find a job since she had quit hers to do the show. I thought that was nice of him. 

About her voice....Lloyd and I have discussed that before. There is definitely some neurological disorder or something going on with her. Even the way she moves and she sometimes alluded to it.. I was disappointed she left before Cutter, but I didn't see her winning the show. And she really did mess up on her tower. I forget what they called that now?

Anyway....I'm thinking Courtney may actually win this thing. She's irritating as all get out....but you know? As Lloyd would say, the girls got mad skills. : )

Photobucket
Message 335 of 338
Latest reply

and who's book would you(or hubby,i know he cooks) buy?

I'd actually like Christine's book and probably Luca's too. 

Photobucket
Message 336 of 338
Latest reply

he thinks it's possible she has distonia,i think it's called. 

I'll have to look that up. I thought she was really talented as well Barri, that's why it was a bummer to see her go. I wish she could have gone farther.

Photobucket
Message 337 of 338
Latest reply

my apologies for not posting earlier,i have a new baby girl in my'family",she's healthy,so is her mama,and her gramma is SO HAPPY!! so am i!!! 

yup,i was bummed about losing jamie....but it was very cool that gordon pretty much offered her a job! and what was better was seeing her confidence in herself in the ending interview. GO JAIME GO!! we have faith in you,girl,you're brilliant!!!

the tower is called "croque-enbouche",and i wouldn't attempt it if my life depended on it,honestly. best friend michael is a welltrained pastry artiste(not in the field anymore,too much stress)

,and he was impressed with all of them. 

he says her issue was more about the caramel,and the underdone dough,more than anything,and i agree. 

i was quite impressed with courtney's spun sugar though,that stuff sucks to make,and can burn the carp out of you,i was surprised nobody got hurt.

i did NOT agree with jaime's team losing,and we never did get numbers from audience votes,that irks me no end!

cutter's next gone,i think...i HOPE!!

you'd love christine's book,and luca's,but i think you'd like whitney's too! 🙂

tell lloyd i need a ham salad recipe,please,with MIRACLE WHIP,lol!! 😄

*seriously,i DO need a ham salad recipe! the one michael liked had a bit of pickly stuff in it,and maybe chopped egg? he can't recall,swears i got it online,lol!*

Message 338 of 338
Latest reply