Another "late shipment" defect.

Now have 12. 

The latest from an order bought and paid for on the 19 Feb.

I sent and lodged over the counter on the 20th....

Auspost plainly delivered outside their estimated time and report me to ebay as though it's MY problem.

What a freaking joke both of them are!

zzcpt.JPG

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Another "late shipment" defect.

I think the difference in times is from local time (WA) Vs AEDT time.

I can print the label, then lodge shortly after and it looks like that.

Got my handling time set at 3 days and still getting these defect.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Some of your items have same day handling on them so you might need to double check your listings to make sure they all have the 3 day handling time.

As long as the first scan is within your handling time all you need to do is email ebay and they will remove the late shipping defect.

If the first scan is outside your handling time the defect is usually not removed.

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Yes, It seems you're correct.

I'm sure I did a "bulk edit" previously to change them all.

Anyway, did it again, so all should be 3 days handling now.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

@typhoon4u wrote:

Yes, It seems you're correct.

I'm sure I did a "bulk edit" previously to change them all.

Anyway, did it again, so all should be 3 days handling now.

Thanks.

I just checked your first coupple of listings and this is what I'm seeing for the first 2  (I'm in Qld - not a chance in the world of it being here by Friday ! )

The next couple are showing as Between Wed. 16th March & 23rd

typhoon.png

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

I looked at the listings too, sorted in time ending soonest. The Rotax spark plugs (ending in 7 minutes), show what appears to be a 1 day handling time and an ETA of 14-18th to me in NSW.

The Zenoah retainer clips (finishing in 10 minutes), show a 3 day handling time and an ETA of 16th-23rd.

The AWG wire (finishing in 29d 23h) shows a 3 day handling time and an ETA of 17th-23rd

I saw a few with same day handling. I'm not sure why those 2 above with 3 day handling had 2 different ETA dates. Just goes to show how inconsistant eBay are.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Because they finish a day apart?

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I looked at the listings too, sorted in time ending soonest. The Rotax spark plugs (ending in 7 minutes), show what appears to be a 1 day handling time and an ETA of 14-18th to me in NSW.

The Zenoah retainer clips (finishing in 10 minutes), show a 3 day handling time and an ETA of 16th-23rd.

The AWG wire (finishing in 29d 23h) shows a 3 day handling time and an ETA of 17th-23rd

I saw a few with same day handling. I'm not sure why those 2 above with 3 day handling had 2 different ETA dates. Just goes to show how inconsistant eBay are.

Good point - the ones I looked at were Price & Postage Lowest first.

Even with minimum 1 day handling, there's no way anything could be posted Thursday and be here by Friday with Standard Post - not even with Express from WA.

These inconsistencies are ridiculous and as Sellers we really can't keep changing the way we sell just to try and comply.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Because they finish a day apart?

They actually finished 29 days apart! Both BIN's.
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Pre-paid sachels don't matter, I send everything that way and I got 3 defects anyway!

It's a BS system and ebay need to change it.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

It would seem that the only way to avoid late delivery defects would be for sellers to choose the 30 day handling time option (with an explanatory note in your listing that you will, in fact, post within a day- or whatever you real handling time is).

If enough sellers were to adopt it eBay MIGHT realise how ridiculous this has become.

Ebay want everyone to post 'yesterday' but this system has caused most sellers to dramatically extene their handling times.(myself included).

For years I've had 1 day handliing with no problems. Now I've extended to 3 days and will probably push it out to 5 days if the late shipment defects keep rolling in.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply