Bid on item from outside Australia .When listed as No post tinternational.

bjlcr
Community Member

I have a listing with a bid from Canada.I listed the item as no international postage.I don't want to post outside Australia a it is a fragile item .A telegraphic photo lens.Will I just cancel item .It would cost a lot to send a it is heavy.I thought lisiting as no international post would cancel out it showing up on overseas sites.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the advice.I will probably end it if no one else bids.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

You also need to exclude countries you won't post to.

It's in the listing in the postage section.

Once you do that International buyers shouldn't be able to bid and will get notification that they don't meet the sellers requirements.

Up to you if you want to cancel the bid.

image host
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

I do have posting limitation on some listings but I thought ticking .No international posting would stop the listing showing up on any international sites.The listing shows no price for posting to Canada.I dont know why they would bid when when they don't know postage cost.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

You need to go to your buyer requirements in your account and select: 'Have a primary postage address in a location I don't post to'. As long as you have this selected and the listing shows no international postage you will only get domestic bids. There is no need to go in and select  long list of countries you do not post to if you want to exclude them all.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Yes that was done.I don't mind posting to Canada but I ticked No International Postage for this item and I have no postage cost for this item,I guess I will have to pack it up and let the bidder know how much it i going to cost.Here is the item 201633775177

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Members on the boards have reported that postage within Canada can be very slow, add that to eBay's totally unrealistic estimates on delivery times and you could see an INR dispute raised by the buyer if the lens doesn't arrive within eBay's ETA.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

With Canada Post who can tell?   Negotiations are continuing with Postal workers

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/comm/list.page?ecid=murl|ddn|lr|5

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Given the way postage is into Canada at the moment, I wouldn't be sending it. I'd be sending an invoice with some obscene amount of postage, say $500. If the buyer pays it, send it express courier. If they don't, open and close an unpaid item dispute.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@bjlcr wrote:

Yes that was done.I don't mind posting to Canada but I ticked No International Postage for this item and I have no postage cost for this item,I guess I will have to pack it up and let the bidder know how much it i going to cost.Here is the item 201633775177

That item has over six days to go on auction.

Sounds like you've given up on other bids already

You can still cancel the auction

Then re-list it with what Phorum Junkie told you

'Have a primary postage address in a location I don't post to'. As long as you have this selected and the listing shows no international postage you will only get domestic bids.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

I completely misread. The auction hasn't finished? Save yourself a whole heap of drama, cancel the bid. No need to end the listing. That's probably the easiest way. If there are no other bids, edit the listing to include the settings mentioned above.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply