Bid on item from outside Australia .When listed as No post tinternational.

bjlcr
Community Member

I have a listing with a bid from Canada.I listed the item as no international postage.I don't want to post outside Australia a it is a fragile item .A telegraphic photo lens.Will I just cancel item .It would cost a lot to send a it is heavy.I thought lisiting as no international post would cancel out it showing up on overseas sites.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Bid on item from outside Australia .When listed as No post tinternational.

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If sending as an unregistered letter it is no different than snding to any address, you risk a not recieved claim. If the item has a big enough profit margin to allow for the extra cople of bucks send as a small ebay satchel for $7.15 and then you are covered to the checkout address. If the profit margin is not high enough then sell domestic only.

Sending to China IS different to sending within Australia - I've had two items not arrive in around 7 years but the risk would be a lot higher to China, therefore I have to spend my profit on extra postage to protect myself.  The lower value items they wanted would have cost an extra $5 to send them as a satchel, out of my pocket.

My point was that I had everything set to only sell domestically but I was forced to take the risk of posting overseas or to cancel the transaction and risk a neg.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply