Buyers getting away with theft.

I had two purchases from the same person. He created 2 new accounts and purchased 2 high value items, 1 on each account, almost $4k total. He also messaged me through a 3rd account, never replying through the accounts he purchased from. I spoke to Ebay and they said as long as I sent to the correct address with tracking I would be covered.

I sent the items. He then opened item not received cases for both items. I went through the whole process with Ebay and provided all the delivery information, tracking etc. They then decided both cases in my favour. All very stressful given the $ involved. This morning, I received an email from Ebay saying the buyer appealed the decision and it  was granted an they would deduct the funds from me. The case details now show:

Outcome
The case was decided in the buyer's favour.

More info
You agreed to give your buyer a refund but didn't issue it.

I didn't agree to refund the buyer at all.

I cannot begin to understand how Ebay continue to support buyers regardless of circumstances and even when there is clearly dodgy behaviour. 

I spoke to Ebay just now. While the guy I spoke to was pleasant and wanting to help, I have no confidence whatsoever that this will be dealt with properly.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Buyers getting away with theft.

I feel for you mate, you just want to do the right thing by everyone and the buyer is using all the facilities eBay has to their advantage to scam you out of it.

Hope it works out for you.

Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

cyber theft....report to police & send eBay the report number....good luck!

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

I hope you have a copy of the buyers address.

Police Report.

Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

Definitely report to the police.

Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies. Yes, police involvement is definitely on the cards if we don't get the correct outcome. What's most concerning is the complete lack of explanation regarding the decision. Or rather, incorrect explanation. Stating "You agreed to give your buyer a refund but didn't issue it." could not be further from the truth. It's honestly like they just picked any reason that was compliant with their decision. Perhaps even more concerning is the complete lack of Seller Protection. I complied with every requirement to receive Seller Protection but it is simply ignored. I'm hoping that during the review, it will be realised that a mistake was made and will be rectified.

Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

Why wait for the review. ??

I'd be preparing a statement - taking it to the station - get a report number - now.

Hit eBay with a documented report.

Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

AI has now taken over....get used to it & initiate your best response

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

Too late now to say but selling hi value items on ebay is akin to swimming at a beach known to be frequented by sharks. More so if it's an account with a zero purchase history.  As to Ebay's decision not to refund you did you send the items requiring signature on delivery? 

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

@etb321 wrote:

Too late now to say but selling hi value items on ebay is akin to swimming at a beach known to be frequented by sharks. More so if it's an account with a zero purchase history.  As to Ebay's decision not to refund you did you send the items requiring signature on delivery? 

very good point. Could be the reason the appeal was granted if it was only sent with tracking.

for others reading these comments, if your items are over $750 you MUST send it with tracking AND signature on delivery to be covered by Seller Protection

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply