Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

Re: Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I asked for them to email me but they wouldn’t but I have a copy of the transcript and also a reference number so hopefully it won’t be TOOOOOO painful 😩
Message 71 of 203
Latest reply

It appears to me that the Golden Day’s of eBay have long passed and many initiatives have been tried of late to try and shore it all up, most without success. Today, the ideas men and women appear bankrupt. Going back to done of what worked well in the past might not be such a bad idea, but there’d be too many wounded ego’s for that I think.

A couple of things seem to standout to me. Firstly, it was and remains the push for free delivery. Of recent times its a push to GTC listings and along with it a somewhat nuanced push for sellers to open stores. The erosion or discontinuation of Non Store Seller benefits seems to dovetail with this, to what end though I’m not sure. It could just be a coincidence, or I could be wrong. It is however an observation.

There is one thing though that has remained a constant - it’s eBay’s sandpit and we have no say in the contours of the landscape. We either can, or can’t make things profitable and either way eBay appear totally disinterested, at least for now.

All you can do is sizzle the sausage the best way you can with the BBQ tools that are available. If you are getting burnt shut down the BBQ. It seems there is no middle approach.

Sellers generally I think, are all feeling at least a bit of uncomfortable heat.

Melina.

Message 72 of 203
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

@merfar2107 wrote:

It's actually quite nice to have the weekend off. 

Woman LOL  I think so too....reading here saved me a whole lot of work this weekend

I feel quite peculiar and at a loose end. Not my normal Sunday, that's for sure.

Actually, though there's nothing to stop me listing up to 40 items anyway, until I know for sure that this isn't a one-off 'glitch', I'm reluctant to list anything with a total value of over $10. I'd be kicking myself if I sold heaps of stuff at full commission, and they brought the mega-weekend deal back next week.

Message 73 of 203
Latest reply

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

I just want to scream about now!!!!

This is the latest response from eBay to my emails:

"I apologise if I have misunderstood your email. Actually, we are having an issue with the $1 Weekend Promo as of the moment. The promo is not showing in the Selling Promotions of some sellers account. For this, please continue to list your items using this promo. We will still honour you this promotion.

At the same time, all items that you will list using the $1 Weekend Promo will still comply the T&C's so that your listings will be eligible. If fees will incur from listing your items, please let us know so that we can adjust the fees for you."

Yeah, I've been several times with them.  CSR's telling me they'll refund me over some glitch or other - all I have to do is write down the item number of everything I sell, including it's sale price, and send it to them.  Because according to them the system literally can't tell!

Message 74 of 203
Latest reply

@merfar2017

I was  enjoying the weekend off too until some inconsiderate numpty decided to buy something ... lol

Melina.

Message 75 of 203
Latest reply

Good luck with FB as  a selling platform it sucks ...Far too many d heads and time wasters and you get offers for a tenth of you asking price !

Message 76 of 203
Latest reply

I sell craft items , and have had good success,  just the odd non payer, but they get kicked off quick.

You have to find the right groups for what you sell. 

Message 77 of 203
Latest reply

Yep lots of d heads on fb but lots on eBay too 😊
Message 78 of 203
Latest reply

@shinebrightalways88 wrote:
Yep lots of d heads on fb but lots on eBay too 😊

I think I've either had amazingly good luck, or just must somehow only sell items that don't appeal to unwelcome types. I think in over 20 years I can only remember two horror buyers OTTOMH  - and one of them I suspect was genuinely crazy.

Message 79 of 203
Latest reply

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

I just want to scream about now!!!!

This is the latest response from eBay to my emails:

"I apologise if I have misunderstood your email. Actually, we are having an issue with the $1 Weekend Promo as of the moment. The promo is not showing in the Selling Promotions of some sellers account. For this, please continue to list your items using this promo. We will still honour you this promotion.

At the same time, all items that you will list using the $1 Weekend Promo will still comply the T&C's so that your listings will be eligible. If fees will incur from listing your items, please let us know so that we can adjust the fees for you."

No Promo again this weekend, what I was told last weekend was rubbish. Another eBay rep has just told me "the Weekend Promo is offered to sellers randomly", which is also **bleep**. Random does not equate with receiving the same promo religiously for months on end. Some consistency and clarity regarding this matter would be nice, I'm really quite appalled that eBay think this is an acceptable way to treat its sellers.

Message 80 of 203
Latest reply