Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

I just want to scream about now!!!!

This is the latest response from eBay to my emails:

"I apologise if I have misunderstood your email. Actually, we are having an issue with the $1 Weekend Promo as of the moment. The promo is not showing in the Selling Promotions of some sellers account. For this, please continue to list your items using this promo. We will still honour you this promotion.

At the same time, all items that you will list using the $1 Weekend Promo will still comply the T&C's so that your listings will be eligible. If fees will incur from listing your items, please let us know so that we can adjust the fees for you."

No Promo again this weekend, what I was told last weekend was rubbish. Another eBay rep has just told me "the Weekend Promo is offered to sellers randomly", which is also **bleep**. Random does not equate with receiving the same promo religiously for months on end. Some consistency and clarity regarding this matter would be nice, I'm really quite appalled that eBay think this is an acceptable way to treat its sellers.

It's obvious that with rare exceptions the people on the other end of 'help' calls to ebay have little idea of what is going on above their pay grade. It would be simpler if they'd just admit this rather than improvising a lot of far-fetched and frustrating claptrap.

Message 81 of 203
Latest reply

BTW I agree; ofering something for many months does not equal 'randomly' alloting it. In my case they ran this offer for around 10 weeks, dropped it for a couple of months (from memory) and then re-introduced it for a solid block so long that I stopped counting at about 12-13 weeks, and that seems months ago. 

Sure we knew it probably wouldn't last forever, but the other shoe took so long to drop it's hard to re-wire my brain back to the old way of selling. I'm used to having around 200 items up at any time, with only my own lack  of effort preventing that number being several times that. In fact I'd recently changed my whole selling approach, buying in bulk lots - far more unique one-item listings which I now have far more of than 40-a-month can cope with.

So I'm looking at a store. I find it tempting to believe this was their strategy all along. Get sellers hooked on high volume of low-cost  listings then make them go cold turkey with the store option the only part-way back. if that isn't giving them too much credit.

So I figure I'll paybe find $100, regard it as 'breakage' and spend four months seeing if I can get a store to pay its way without an unworkable amount of time allocated. I'll need to make up to an extra 10% overall (plus back to the joys of paying full fvf on overseas postage) plus the store cost, and FVF and Paypal fees on  the store cost. After that time if it hasn't worked, and I don't reasonably believe I can make it work, I'll drop it and pull my horns in.

Maybe down the track I'll grudgingly thank them for this.

BTW I'm assuming that if they do re-introduce the weekend offer down the line, store owners don't get it and won't see it? I seem to remember that clause in the T&C. That's the only thing still giving me paws.

Message 82 of 203
Latest reply

zir170
Community Member
FVF weekends gone for 2nd week now i used them for months after they took my free auto relist option just there way force small sellers out not financially viable to pay fee to list my low value items until they sell
Message 83 of 203
Latest reply

FVF weekends gone for 2nd week now i used them for months after they took my free auto relist option just there way force small sellers out not financially viable to pay fee to list my low value items until they sell

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

well it's official - EBAY LIED TO ME

Last weekend they told me it was just a technical issue and would be fixed by this weekend.

But now we know the truth - They lied.

The way ebay treat their sellers is disgraceful, they should hang their heads in shame.

Always trying to force people to take up stores they can't afford.

Well i have a massive job ahead of me, I have to sort out 8 accounts and probably tell all the people I sell for, that I can't do it anymore.

I will seriously hate doing that because those people are well below the poverty line and need that money.

what a downer. I can see a lot of people leaving ebay now. Ebay don't care they only care about buyers. Wakeup Ebay if you don't have any sellers left - you won't have any buyers left either.

Message 84 of 203
Latest reply

It is one of two go to excuses eBay ALWAYS use about every single issue

There is no issue

It has been raised with tech

Must be the only two scripts they are given 

Message 85 of 203
Latest reply

i have 17 days left to run on my last relisting of the $1 FVF offer, when i get to the end if no new offer has been made my items will be unlisted, all of them.

if everyone does the same maybe ebay will rethink the removal of any o0ffer.

not saying they need to re-impliment the $1 offer, heck i'd accept a $2 offer or in my case a $3 offer.

Message 86 of 203
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

well it's official - EBAY LIED TO ME

Last weekend they told me it was just a technical issue and would be fixed by this weekend.

But now we know the truth - They lied.

The way ebay treat their sellers is disgraceful, they should hang their heads in shame.

Always trying to force people to take up stores they can't afford.

Well i have a massive job ahead of me, I have to sort out 8 accounts and probably tell all the people I sell for, that I can't do it anymore.

I will seriously hate doing that because those people are well below the poverty line and need that money.

what a downer. I can see a lot of people leaving ebay now. Ebay don't care they only care about buyers. Wakeup Ebay if you don't have any sellers left - you won't have any buyers left either.

I wouldn't call giving sellers lots of cheap and free promotions over the last year or so disgraceful.

If I recall, you were selling way before this promo started, so why is it you suddenly can't sell any more? You were paying the extra fees before. Would you feel the same way if you were one of those who didn't get access to the promo?

Maybe those people could sell their own stuff. They were paying fees before this promo started.

Surprising how often we hear that, but funnily enough, it never happens. I for one won't be going anywhere. Of course, I'm not happy about paying higher fees again, but if the promo hadn't started, then I'd have been paying those fees anyway. No different to those who didn't have access to the promo. They never got the reduction in fees, so life goes on as normal.

This is eBay's sandpit, their rules. You've been around long enough to know that promos never last. Look at the hullaballoo when we used to get free listing promos every month, then out of the blue eBay stopped them. People went nuts. Suddenly eBay were the scum of the earth.

I have been saying all along. Always assume the promo could be pulled at any time. If you get 1,000 free listings, don't go listing 1,000 items because you may not get it next month, and then where will you be? Yet, people will go and list 1,000 items, and go crying when the promo ends.

Be grateful you had it while it lasted. Not everyone was so lucky.

Message 87 of 203
Latest reply

My thoughts exactly!!
Message 88 of 203
Latest reply

I'm inclined to agree.  As I said above, this may be a challenge for which I eventually give them a backhanded thank you.

Message 89 of 203
Latest reply

We also have to remember, and be thankful for, the many unlimited fee free promotions. I managed to sell quite a few things during those promos. The whingers here seem to forget those. If they want to leave because they feel so disgruntled over having their toys taken off them, that's their business (and loss). There will always be future promos.

Message 90 of 203
Latest reply