Hi. Could some-one give me some advice on this item I sold.

Hello.

This is the first time I have posted a question so if I say something wrong please forgive me. I sold a large number of 44 woolworths dominoes item number is 161643065546 and it finished on the 28th March. They were posted with only $4.50 postage to the buyer I paid the extra for the postage so I could have tracking and hopefully not have another item go missing. They were packed safely in a bubble mailer and were perfectly sealed as I do not have anyone interested in collecting them and there was also an extra one I put in for the buyer. I have just received a message from the buyer telling me that half of them have been opened and there was a lot doubles as well. I would suggest that the buyer opened them and decided he did not want to keep them so now he wants to have his money back. Does any-one have any idea how I should approach the buyer in my message to him and how I should resolve it . He is obviously going to be difficult to deal with judging by his abrupt message to me. Thankyou for any-one who can give me some advise.

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: Hi. Could some-one give me some advice on this item I sold.

Stawks, I saw that also but think it's a fold in the pack.

image host
Message 31 of 100
Latest reply

Kopes, the packets are made of the same stuff as chip packets.

Have you tried to fold a corner on a chip packet?

They don't stay folded.

But I think misspickys post is interesting

Message 32 of 100
Latest reply

Hi.

Thankyou so much for your message. I had no idea I was letting myself in for that intense scrutiny. However in saying that I am 100% positive mine would have stood up to it and I took geat care when I put them in the mailer bag that they were all laying as flat as I could make them and as evemly positioned in the bubble-mailer bag as well.

I also have some toys I was going to sell. You have terrified the life out of me but I am so glad I have been prewarned as well.

I have very little hope of winning this as I understand the buyers rights are utmost to ebay however I will also defend that they were everyone of the packets completely 100% sealed and perfect when the postal service put the sticker on them and handed me the receipt showing me at the same time the number to send to the buyer.

However the buyer has still not returned either of my messages since he emailed me he was going to report it to ebay as not described.

Have a good Easter.

Message 33 of 100
Latest reply

Hi. 

Thankyou for your message. And I do believe you are right. I am not sure but I think I can see  it does look  snipped in one corner. I never looked that closely before. And yes it is hard to tell by a photo. If he sends me a photo I wonder how differant they will look to when I took the photos and also when I posted them.

As least I am not feeling so isolated anymore. You are all brilliant for trying to help. I really do appreciate it. Thankyou.

It has been suggested that I contact ebay myself to inform them I am having a problem with a transaction.  Do you think that is a good idea to email them before ebay contacts me or a bad idea?.

Have a good Easter.

Message 34 of 100
Latest reply

Hi.

Thankyou for your message. From what I could tell although he receives feedback I cannot find any feedback he has left for the people he buys from.  I am in two minds if that is good or bad to know.

Message 35 of 100
Latest reply

If you intend contacting eBay to let them know that you're having a problem with your buyer, don't waste your time emailing them. Far better to ring them personally and speak with a customer service rep who can enter the relevant information on your sales record for future reference.

Also, while it's impossible to categorically state that all of your packets were intact, as I believe they were, there are still sufficient showing in your listing that if your buyer sent a photo of the sabotaged packs to eBay, my guess is that eBay would see that there are more damaged packs than could be reasonably hidden in your image.

I strongly urge you to fight this all the way because I doubt there is sufficient evidence for eBay to make a proper determination, and I'd also suggest that you consider sending eBay a statutory declaration which indicates that all of your packs were intact, as under the Law, eBay must accept it as being true and correct.
Message 36 of 100
Latest reply

wait a minute kope  if the buyer had to send a photo what do you think the photo would look like ,of course the packages are going to be cut or ripped , the product is not damaged its the packaging ,so the buyer is saying  ths seller has sold and sent these packages knowing what number dominoes were on them and sent the buyer lots of doubles ,which are worth nothing if you are colecting them ,

in fact none of them are wotrth anything because they are free when you shop at there store.

this is a tricky one it could go either way , 

and do you think this buyer is silly enough to think AP and the police would investigate    please

Message 37 of 100
Latest reply

joethenuts Community Member
8:17 AM
wait a minute kope if the buyer had to send a photo what do you think the photo would look like ,of course the packages are going to be cut or ripped ,
~~~
Exactly why AP needs to investigate, those bubble mailing bags are pritty tough.
~~~
the product is not damaged its the packaging ,so the buyer is saying ths seller has sold and sent these packages knowing what number dominoes were on them and sent the buyer lots of doubles ,which are worth nothing if you are colecting them ,
in fact none of them are wotrth anything because they are free when you shop at there store
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 38 of 100
Latest reply

Joe - It is more about showing the buyer that the seller is prepared to go all the way. In many such cases the buyer will drop it especially if they know they are trying a scam.

Aust Post WILL investigate, if the seller was to put in a claim but I think we all know the items probably arrived safely otherwise why would the buyer be stupid enough to say they don't want them as there are too many doubles.

And going by other info here, it appears it is common amongst collectors of these.

It is a tricky one and that's why I think the seller needs to stay firm calling it out as fraud somewhere and hope the buyer doesn't open a case.

Stawks, yeah I know, I meant more a crease than a fold over. It is of course possible the buyer has them mixed up.

image host
Message 39 of 100
Latest reply

Hi

Thankyou for your continued encouragment. I did receive a message from the buyer today and he will send me a photo when he gets back from his holiday. He has also messaged he happened to open the packet which he had posted to his work in front of his boss and they were able to go through the open packets and find a Bruce that he needed for his daughter.

I am having a party for Easter at my home today and with all the shopping I have done I have managed to amass another 53 dominoes.

I think everyone can guess where they are going. The girls at the supermarket are lovely and as they knew I had them each time I shop they very kindly gave me extra. I did not have the heart to tell them "No Thankyou"

Happy easter.

Message 40 of 100
Latest reply