Hi. Could some-one give me some advice on this item I sold.

Hello.

This is the first time I have posted a question so if I say something wrong please forgive me. I sold a large number of 44 woolworths dominoes item number is 161643065546 and it finished on the 28th March. They were posted with only $4.50 postage to the buyer I paid the extra for the postage so I could have tracking and hopefully not have another item go missing. They were packed safely in a bubble mailer and were perfectly sealed as I do not have anyone interested in collecting them and there was also an extra one I put in for the buyer. I have just received a message from the buyer telling me that half of them have been opened and there was a lot doubles as well. I would suggest that the buyer opened them and decided he did not want to keep them so now he wants to have his money back. Does any-one have any idea how I should approach the buyer in my message to him and how I should resolve it . He is obviously going to be difficult to deal with judging by his abrupt message to me. Thankyou for any-one who can give me some advise.

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Hello.

Thankyou for your help and for letting me know not to email ebay. I actualy did check the dominoes packets as I put them in the bubble mailer becauce I wanted them to sit as flat as possible in the mailer so as to reduce any chance of damage so I was continually putting my hand in to smooth them over so as to be sitting flat. This means that I individually placed each one in the mailer carefully  and were not just thrown in and posted.  Which is another reason I am 100% positive they were all intact when posted.

I am so sorry I put them up for a buy it now and I will not be doing it again. But I would be willing to get a statuary declaration from the larger police station a bit further away than my local one that they were not damaged in any way when they were posted to the buyer

Happy Easter.

Message 41 of 100
Latest reply

hi for a start you sound so honest ,that if you told me i was a very handsome man ,i would believe you,lol. [and i believe you 99%.

were your problem is ,is the way you sold your article for $65 ,why would you sell 44 pieces ,when you had 45 pieces ,that tells me you were trying to say in your listing . hey its a whole set of 44 different pieces , also if the buyer sends them back ,what do you loose they were for free ,now in a short time you have another 53 pieces   , could you of not sold them in a 40 or 50 package ,or would that not of sold for that much .money.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

after saying that good luck .

Message 42 of 100
Latest reply

sorry forgot to put down ,and thats why the buyer stated there were doubles ,he thought he was buying a full set .

if you look at some other full sets on ebay there is a way of telling whats in them without oening them or cutting corners  ,there is a lot of full sets for sale in unopened packets ,

Message 43 of 100
Latest reply

wow more to this story,this morning as i do most sundays go to a market for a walk around ,and there i saw a full set with the the holder it was selling for $80  . then i saw anoher stand with a whole inner carton box of un opened he said it has 200 in it selling for $150 ... now how would a person get there hands on a full box ,well thru staff pinching and so ,but then i though how wold you get a set of 44 different ones anyway, as the promotion goes for about 6 weeks . you would have to get at least 7+ per week just to collect 44 ,but even if you collect 44 tiles the chance they are all different would be imposible, [so my question is if every tile had the same amount made , how many tiles would you have to collect to get mathematicly a full set of 44..  also they have a sign stating not for resale.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Message 44 of 100
Latest reply

A sign saying not for resale eh? Who's going to take any notice of that? People capitalise on it because they know there are so many parents out there who simply MUST have these things for their kids, or the kids will die or their heads will explode or something.

These are the same parents who were gouging each others eyes out when Woollies had "swap meets" in store so people could swap their spares with other people when they had those animal cards or whatever they were. The stampede and abuse was worse than the Myer Boxing Day sales. It really was embarrassing watching the behaviour of these ferals people, all because they thought their life would be over if their precious missed out on one. Yes, there was a lot of swearing. Yes, people were getting punched.

The other thing that amazes me is how much these silly ferals people are willing to pay for these things, all because they think their kids will miss out on something.

Message 45 of 100
Latest reply

100% sheep I agree with you.  but

i would say that not for resale means you cant sell them .  now woolworths wants people to buy things and are happy to give away some tiles, but if people were selling them , it might stop people coming to there store instead of coles because they have found the tiles they want ,and are happy to pay for them.

could you imagine a mother and child get out of the car to go shopping and the mother goes straight for the coles door ,and the kid would yell out where are you going mum ,does that shop look like having dominos in there ,this way mum.

Message 46 of 100
Latest reply

maybe i can do it with paint brushes collect all 44 brushes from 1/2'' to 9'' brushes   mmmmmmmm

and I could have a hard to get size brush ,lets say an 8'' brush mmmmmmmm

Message 47 of 100
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

sorry forgot to put down ,and thats why the buyer stated there were doubles ,he thought he was buying a full set .

if you look at some other full sets on ebay there is a way of telling whats in them without oening them or cutting corners  ,there is a lot of full sets for sale in unopened packets ,

My grandson collects these, joe.

Please tell me how you see through packaging!

Think I'll go ask the sellers..................there's 6 full sets listed as unopened

Message 48 of 100
Latest reply

I know  , there must be a way  they are selling them as un opened and the full set ,

if you get a responce from the sellers let us know 

Message 49 of 100
Latest reply

There are 3 different sellers.   I have asked all 3

Will be interesting

Message 50 of 100
Latest reply