I am in tears. I am trying to find the contact number for Tim MacKinnon How do you talk to someone w

I thought it would be nice to make my items available internationally in case someone would like them there.

A lady purchsed something from the UK and just recebntly filed a "not received" thing.

Ebay estimatesd that her parcel should have been there by the 16th

Australia POST (the actual POST OFFICE) says it takes 10 21 business days which would make it the 25th.

HOW CAN EBAY ESTIMATE A DELIVERY TIME THAT THE POST OFFICECAN'T FULLFILL.

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET ON A PLAVE AND TAKE IT THERE?

If they refund her money tomorrow I am out of money and in all likley hood it still have days that it could arrive there.

THIS IS ROBBERY.

I have beenb on the chat to eBay fro over an hour and a half asking NUMEROUS times to be escalated because they couldn't  understand this simple premise.

I hasve been searching franticly EVERYWHERE for the nuymber and even considered calling the main head off ice in the United States!

WE try SO SO SO hard to do the right thing, and this is what we get???

i AM LITERALLY IN TEARS.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.

IS THIS NORMAL FOR EBAY?

AN HOUR AND A HALF...AN HOUR AND A HALF

AND IT'S SO SIMPLE

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am in tears. I am trying to find the contact number for Tim MacKinnon How do you talk to someone w

WOW!  Don't stress!! Take a deep breath and think about your situation logically.

At the moment postage is hugely delayed. Understand that there is not a lot you can do except keep explaining to your customer that due to the Virus postage is delayed.

Go to the Aust Post website and look up the information there about deliveries to International countries, you will find a lot of information. 

Anyone who answers you here will tell you that there is no point in trying to contact eBay at the moment.

They have stopped pretty much all personal contact due to the Virus, so you must start your own investigation.

We all understand your frustration and anger, and distress, many of us have had similar situations. You just have to take control and think clearly.

First,- did you send with Tracking? If yes you can follow up yourself and talk to the PO by messaging them, but could be approx 10 days before you get an answer. Then forward all the info from them to your customer. This will at least advise them that you are following up.

Secondly, - If no tracking number, then how much was the item? Is it worth the stress and upset that you are suffering?

Thirdly - Time for you to make some hard decisions, You now have no control over your item, so what are you prepared to do?

Fourthly - Did you advise the customer that long delays are the "norm" now due to the Virus.

Fifthly - You may find that your customer is honest, and if she receives the item will forward the money again after being refunded. (There are actually some that will ).

Personally I think, as the customer has started an item not received transaction, you probably cannot do anymore but follow through the system and refund them. And yes it will hurt but chalk it up to experience, and either stop selling internationally as some other sellers have advised, or make sure you can handle emotionally and financially the stresses and strains of selling on here.

We live in extraordinary times at the moment and what was working or acceptable early in the year no longer applies, you have to adapt. I think many of the sellers on here have found different ways to cope, with an acceptance that inevitably there will be some customers that just don't either understand that postage will be delayed, or the actual length of time post is affected, or that the Virus even exists.

Hard to understand but true. 

Perhaps try what many of us do and add in a little extra to your pricing on all items to cover potential losses, so that over time your sales will protect you. All sellers will at some time suffer from theft or loss, and you just have to find your own way to cope/protect yourself.     

We accepted a long time ago if we can't sleep at night, then this is not the right thing for us to be doing. It is just not worth it.

But maybe that is an age thing too, we are 72 and 76, Ha ha ha ...we try not to sweat the small stuff.

Keep reading the boards and adjust your store to whatever works for you, and what you are or aren't prepared to accept. Good Luck with whatever you decide, wishing you many sales.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is no phone contact with ebay at present.....the call centre was closed down at the beginning of the year because of Covid19.

There is no use ringing the USA...they will not help you!   The dispute process is automated and you need to answer it within the nominated timeframe.

What does the tracking show.....is the item still in transit?

Message 2 of 65
Latest reply

Don't escalate the case yourself at this stage. Just upload the tracking if it's not there already. Current policy is that if all the criteria for protection is met, any refund to the buyer is covered by ebay.
Message 3 of 65
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Game indeed to be posting internationally in these days of Covid.

Most postal services are running on empty and sending by sea is not out of the question.

As said - upload the tracking to the dispute and you should be covered.

If you escalate the case, ebay will close it in the buyer's favour.  So don't do that.

Message 4 of 65
Latest reply

Personally, I would stop all international shipping due to the massive delays and unpredictability of things.

Unless you have a tracking number, you will lose your money, unfortunately.

If you do have tracking, just upload it into the dispute.

If you don't have tracking, then it's entirely possible the buyer has the item, but is trying to scam you - impossible to tell though.

One thing you can do in general is to push out your handling time. Mine is a minimum of 15 days, which definitely gives extra padding to shipping. Ebay will use your handling time to make the estimate for the buyer, so a longer time is preferable.

Message 5 of 65
Latest reply

I am in tears. I am trying to find the contact number for Tim MacKinnon

Here you go,   3229244466246

I am sure he will be only too happy to help.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

- I suppose I better put a disclaimer  (Hope it is not actually someones number)  Number equates to  ebaybighoncho

Message 6 of 65
Latest reply

You could always try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdQUL5k2gA

Message 7 of 65
Latest reply

Good grief -  "in tears"  "robbery"  "ringing the head office" - for what, maybe a $50 item?    What are you, 12?

Time to put your big pants on.     Sometimes bad things happen.    And trust me, a missing parcel on ebay is not the most bad thing.  

Just respond to the dispute, add the tracking number,  and see what happens.  

Message 8 of 65
Latest reply

WOW!  Don't stress!! Take a deep breath and think about your situation logically.

At the moment postage is hugely delayed. Understand that there is not a lot you can do except keep explaining to your customer that due to the Virus postage is delayed.

Go to the Aust Post website and look up the information there about deliveries to International countries, you will find a lot of information. 

Anyone who answers you here will tell you that there is no point in trying to contact eBay at the moment.

They have stopped pretty much all personal contact due to the Virus, so you must start your own investigation.

We all understand your frustration and anger, and distress, many of us have had similar situations. You just have to take control and think clearly.

First,- did you send with Tracking? If yes you can follow up yourself and talk to the PO by messaging them, but could be approx 10 days before you get an answer. Then forward all the info from them to your customer. This will at least advise them that you are following up.

Secondly, - If no tracking number, then how much was the item? Is it worth the stress and upset that you are suffering?

Thirdly - Time for you to make some hard decisions, You now have no control over your item, so what are you prepared to do?

Fourthly - Did you advise the customer that long delays are the "norm" now due to the Virus.

Fifthly - You may find that your customer is honest, and if she receives the item will forward the money again after being refunded. (There are actually some that will ).

Personally I think, as the customer has started an item not received transaction, you probably cannot do anymore but follow through the system and refund them. And yes it will hurt but chalk it up to experience, and either stop selling internationally as some other sellers have advised, or make sure you can handle emotionally and financially the stresses and strains of selling on here.

We live in extraordinary times at the moment and what was working or acceptable early in the year no longer applies, you have to adapt. I think many of the sellers on here have found different ways to cope, with an acceptance that inevitably there will be some customers that just don't either understand that postage will be delayed, or the actual length of time post is affected, or that the Virus even exists.

Hard to understand but true. 

Perhaps try what many of us do and add in a little extra to your pricing on all items to cover potential losses, so that over time your sales will protect you. All sellers will at some time suffer from theft or loss, and you just have to find your own way to cope/protect yourself.     

We accepted a long time ago if we can't sleep at night, then this is not the right thing for us to be doing. It is just not worth it.

But maybe that is an age thing too, we are 72 and 76, Ha ha ha ...we try not to sweat the small stuff.

Keep reading the boards and adjust your store to whatever works for you, and what you are or aren't prepared to accept. Good Luck with whatever you decide, wishing you many sales.

Message 9 of 65
Latest reply

Given this reaction, I really do not think eBay is the right place for you to be selling

If you fall apart like this over a simple INR dispute, you will certainly not cope with real problems that arise when selling

As for wanting to speak with the managing director over such a thing, I can only assume you are having us on

Please read the forum, take a look at the many.many,many sellers who have really been scammed (and had eBay reward the scammer every time)

Message 10 of 65
Latest reply