I am in tears. I am trying to find the contact number for Tim MacKinnon How do you talk to someone w

I thought it would be nice to make my items available internationally in case someone would like them there.

A lady purchsed something from the UK and just recebntly filed a "not received" thing.

Ebay estimatesd that her parcel should have been there by the 16th

Australia POST (the actual POST OFFICE) says it takes 10 21 business days which would make it the 25th.

HOW CAN EBAY ESTIMATE A DELIVERY TIME THAT THE POST OFFICECAN'T FULLFILL.

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET ON A PLAVE AND TAKE IT THERE?

If they refund her money tomorrow I am out of money and in all likley hood it still have days that it could arrive there.

THIS IS ROBBERY.

I have beenb on the chat to eBay fro over an hour and a half asking NUMEROUS times to be escalated because they couldn't  understand this simple premise.

I hasve been searching franticly EVERYWHERE for the nuymber and even considered calling the main head off ice in the United States!

WE try SO SO SO hard to do the right thing, and this is what we get???

i AM LITERALLY IN TEARS.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.

IS THIS NORMAL FOR EBAY?

AN HOUR AND A HALF...AN HOUR AND A HALF

AND IT'S SO SIMPLE

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

I am in tears. I am trying to find the contact number for Tim MacKinnon How do you talk to someone w

You don't need to worry about lying to customers by adjusting handling time - in most cases the handling time isn't visible to buyers, it just affects the estimated delivery dates, so it rather creates a more reasonable timeframe for things to arrive. In other words, it gives a more realistic estimate to buyers for them to go by, which is generally better all around. In cases where the handling time is visible, it says "usually posts within X days after receiving cleared payment" so it's not like you're saying that you won't post until x days after they buy. My handling time is 3 days, but I always post same or next business day, which is actually within three days 😉 

As for the rest of the thread...

I have been in literal tears over situations I've faced here on eBay. I've been selling here for over 10 years, and it's been my full time job for around half that time. I've handled over 50k transactions all told on eBay alone, and close to the same between two other sites, but that doesn't do anything to stop the occasional feelings of being overwhelmed in frustration and the feeling of sheer powerlessness some situations can make you feel due to the systems that are in place. 

It doesn't matter how experienced you are, or how capable you are of generally handling the pressures and / or risks that come with the job - if anything, eBay is the worst place of them all for making sellers in particular feel (and literally be) vulnerable to what can sometimes seem like outrageously unfair or even incomprehensible policies, and provide you no ability to fight against them. 

If anyone wanted to tell me to "grow up" in those moments, or that I wasn't cut out for selling on eBay because of that, they'd be met with a swift ignoring, because that's all it deserves. It really is the best thing to do in this kind if situation, nothing good ever comes from the back and forth of criticism and jabs that often arise in threads like this, IYKWIM. 

Message 61 of 65
Latest reply

Thank you for being the beautiful person you are. Ha in a moment of softness I may have had *wet* eyes at the light you shine in the meanness that is on here.
I'm trying to delete my account on the community forums, as kind and gracuious as you and others on here have been, it's the mean people that just keep comming back. I have also found how to ignore people and block them.
It would be different if it was a job, but it's never been.
I can't stress how much I wish you so many beautiful things without sounding like an idiot.
A light in the darkness shines so bright and is so appreciated.
May the universe always be with you Xxx
Message 62 of 65
Latest reply

@imagineorioums wrote:

It seems there are two sides to ebay now, the one when I started which was more like marketplace,and now this new cutthroat (exaggeration) kind of one where people are profit driven.
Most serious sellers on ebay are here to make a profit.  What would be the point otherwise?
Maybe I'm just old and have old values.
I can't comment on your age but I do know that you are one stubborn lady who cannot see that posters here are trying to help you by suggesting that you extend your handling time.   How can we be bullying you by making a suggestion in your own best interests.
I did not know that it came out of Ebays pocket if they refund, the email I received when it was close to the date that Ebay recommended was that I would get a bad name and it would come out of my pocket, of course I can't remember the exact wording , but it is what (I took to it to be) and hence the panic as all of it was mainly postage and this time of year, every penny counts. Thank you for that information jj
Hope you have a wonderful new year xx
If ebay refunds a buyer the funds DO come out of the seller's account.....and you get a black mark for failure to resolve a problem.

Message 63 of 65
Latest reply

(This is not @ you, Digi - you are one of the nicest posters here. I chose to reply to your post because I think it's a good example of how to go about replying to someone).

If there's one thing I dislike about this forum, it's the amount of people who get really brave behind their computer screens and judge and insult other sellers. It's such a weird flex, honestly.

Yes, sometimes sellers are blatantly in the wrong, but pretty much every person who comes here is looking for help - I can't count the number of threads I've seen where people just lay into an op with judgments and insults instead of trying to actually help.

I think if 2020 taught us all anything, it's to always be kind. Many people are really struggling right now and nobody needs your judgment. Everyone reacts to things in different ways, and has reasons for doing so. Don't judge. Just try to help, or else go outside or something.

Message 64 of 65
Latest reply

everard, you are right; kindness is ridiculously important.

I believe in the kindness-and-information-rich approach. I try not to make my kindness too overwhelmingly sweet, as that wastes time and causes truth decay... but a little kindness can set the tone for providing some (often unpalatable) information. (Besides, I approach every person with the wish to like them.)

Even so, that won't protect one from being blasted by the recipient. Sometimes the advice is resented; sometimes one's tone misses the mark with the person being responded to; sometimes the recipient is just on a rampage.

Those responses don't make me post nastily (I hope that's the case, anyway), but they do result in my not engaging further.

(Speaking personally, I would rather receive the information that I need than a lot of "There, there". I prefer not to have a response given unpleasantly or coldly or rudely, but I'll take that - if it's got the right information - in preference to froth and fluff without substance, any day. Bluntness doesn't offend me. (Rudeness might put me off, yet it's worth looking behind the rudeness to what's actually being said.) I know that my preference is not shared by everyone, and that is perfectly understandable as human beings tend to want to be liked and to have their perspective understood/appreciated/approved of. Kind informativeness seems to me to be the best kind of response.)

Anyway,

Message 65 of 65
Latest reply