I am in tears. I am trying to find the contact number for Tim MacKinnon How do you talk to someone w

I thought it would be nice to make my items available internationally in case someone would like them there.

A lady purchsed something from the UK and just recebntly filed a "not received" thing.

Ebay estimatesd that her parcel should have been there by the 16th

Australia POST (the actual POST OFFICE) says it takes 10 21 business days which would make it the 25th.

HOW CAN EBAY ESTIMATE A DELIVERY TIME THAT THE POST OFFICECAN'T FULLFILL.

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET ON A PLAVE AND TAKE IT THERE?

If they refund her money tomorrow I am out of money and in all likley hood it still have days that it could arrive there.

THIS IS ROBBERY.

I have beenb on the chat to eBay fro over an hour and a half asking NUMEROUS times to be escalated because they couldn't  understand this simple premise.

I hasve been searching franticly EVERYWHERE for the nuymber and even considered calling the main head off ice in the United States!

WE try SO SO SO hard to do the right thing, and this is what we get???

i AM LITERALLY IN TEARS.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.

IS THIS NORMAL FOR EBAY?

AN HOUR AND A HALF...AN HOUR AND A HALF

AND IT'S SO SIMPLE

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

I am in tears. I am trying to find the contact number for Tim MacKinnon How do you talk to someone w

Do as-I think it was Lyndal, digital ghost & stawka have said and upload your tracking details.

How much was the item worth? Is there a lot at stake here?

Ebay isn't the post office. Most of their estimated dates for domestic items are pretty close to the mark but obviously some international ones might be way off.

You'll have to decide whether it is worth the hassle of selling internationally. People elsewhere might like your items but you're here to sell and make a profit so you need to factor in the disadvantages. If you haven't done a lot of selling, maybe stick to Australia only for a while, it will be easier.

Maybe keep your sales limited to less expensive items for a while till postal services get more back to normal. That may not help avoid occasional hassles but it will make them less devastating if they happen.

I don't know you will get much help with ebay even if you did get through to head office (which i doubt you can). Fact is, the woman's parcel has not arrived and the estimated arrival date was in the ad and you would have been able to see it. If the time frame alarmed you, you probably needed to pull the ad before it sold. Ebay, under the terms and conditions, virtually has to refund the woman the money eventually.

Message 11 of 65
Latest reply

Considering it's Christmas and none of us have any idea what other stresses the OP is under or how important the funds they received for the sale were, can't we just behave like charitable human beings and address the problem instead of escalating the melodrama? Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 65
Latest reply

No.   I am feeling quite unchartible.     The world is under a pandemic, there is plenty to stress about, but it should not be over a $50 item.

Message 13 of 65
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

No.   I am feeling quite unchartible.    

Perhaps a forum designed to help people isn't the best place to be when feeling this way? I don't want to start drama (quite the opposite), though I recognise my posts have a decent chance of doing that anyway, but my point was that none of here are really in a position to know or judge how much of an issue a $50 loss for someone would be, especially at this time of year - and especially because there is a pandemic going on which has affected people in all sorts of ways, emotionally, financially, and so on.

Message 14 of 65
Latest reply

Tears over a second hand $55 piece of clothing ? You should be calling LifeLine not eBay...
Message 15 of 65
Latest reply

It's called transference, a Freud defence mechanism. We can't deal with the state the world is in, personal relationships, debt etc, so we focus all that angst on something minor because we can.
Message 16 of 65
Latest reply

@offroad7400, I don't think that is called for.

Others have been critical on this thread about the seller's being able to handle some of the problems that do crop up on eBay as a seller - problems that need to be included in a seller's risk mitigation. However, bringing in a mention of Lifeline is not only critical (which can be a valid position) but unpleasant and unhelpful and potentially cruel.

I don't apologise for making my view plain on this. I simply would not - ever - push a person who is clearly distressed (even if that distress may seem out of proportion to any of us) with even a casual and/or oblique mention of suicide. I don't really think that you even meant that... but... let's err on the side of caution.

The OP may be dramatising the situation; that's possible. Alternatively, the OP may be in the sort of financial situation where $50 or so is the difference between being able to fill up the car with petrol... and not. Or being able to buy bread, vegetables, fruit, butter, meat, legumes... or not. Or being able to buy this month's prescriptions ... or not.

This is a horrible time for most of us. Even though we in Australia are in a much better position than those in many other parts of the world, 2020 has been nothing but catastrophic. Many people feel at the end of their tether.

Anyway, virtual group hug and all of that. It's the only hug I dare to give. (Melbournian.)

Message 17 of 65
Latest reply

I agree Countess - I've had a random chargeback opened up 2 weeks ago and now Ebay is holding almost $70 in funds for a transaction that happened back in September. This money has literally taken food off my table as we are on one Jobkeeper plus my online income, so it's definitely stressful when that money is in limbo and can take up to 2 MONTHS to resolve.

The level of snark on these forums is really uncalled for.

Message 18 of 65
Latest reply

How do you know it was a $50 item? I am just interested as I can't see any reference to price, although maybe mods removed it?

$50 is a fair bit of money and most people I know would be concerned/upset to lose it in a transaction. Especially at this time of year.

Most people feel stress about things that directly affect them, that's perfectly normal. Just because there is a pandemic doesn't mean other life issues go away or affect us less.

I get the feeling though that imagineorioums is more upset by the difficulties of the whole process in trying to get through to ebay than by the delivery problem alone. Firstly, she gets onto chat and spends 90 minutes trying to explain a problem and by the sounds of it, doesn't get a clear response that explains things properly to her. She is left hanging.

Then she tries to find a contact number. Now, I know the call centre is shut, but not everyone knows. The end result when you spend an hour or two like this is enormous frustration.

Before I joined these boards, I can recall a couple of times where I contacted ebay about minor problems and the replies I got just didn't address the issues, it was the most frustrating thing ever. And for me, it was about sales well under $50. I don't know about tears, but all the same, it was enough to drive you to drink and definitely raised the blood pressure!

Message 19 of 65
Latest reply

If you decide to continue to sell internationally, change your handling times to the maximum (think it's 30 days) this should hopefully cover any delays in post, however as we come out of Covid in Aus it's rising around the world which wil severely impact shipping times.

Message 20 of 65
Latest reply