Sellers, please add buyer phone number to the address label

Please ask all sellers to add buyer mobile number to the address label. Maybe this will require some ebay software programming. In my country the mobile number is used to notify the package arrival by SMS, results in getting it more quickly, and I assume it is also the case elsewhere. Thanks for considering, Efrat
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Sellers, please add buyer phone number to the address label

Excuse my English, I didn't understand the last reply:
"Stawks"?
"No "my post" on line obviously"?
The packages arrive via post. Address is online, and SMS is sent via application.
Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Just wondering if you are confusing the speed of delivery with the purpose of the sms service.

SMS  is only provided free with Express Post.  You get a SMS when Item is Posted, 2 when it arrives in country of Destination, 3 when item is delivered.  I can not recall if the phone number is printed on the postage label or not, in any event I don't think it would make any difference as it is an automated electronic service that is triggered when item is scanned.  (Barcode)

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Interesting enough, it works smooth in AliExpress

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

Efrat, just to repeat, these are the Australian boards.

And we are not ebay, just other members like yourself.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

@efratnakash wrote:
 I assume it is also the case elsewhere. 

I'm afraid it isn't, here in Australia, and in a few other countries I know of, the person receiving the package can just use the tracking number to sign up for notifications for the parcel, no phone number or other personal information on the package required (notifications can be via SMS or email, depending on the postal service).

If a seller is using a postal system linked to eBay, all of the data provided by the buyer will be placed onto the label, but phone numbers aren't on the order details or payment notification (in general, it can depend on the device they're using), so if they are writing the details themselves, all they will usually do then is copy the details that are showing. 

I will put phone numbers on an international package if requested, but because they aren't required for the postage services I use, I rarely actually put them on there (email addresses can be required, though, for international parcels anyway). I don't use either of those for parcels within Australia because I don't want packages redirected or safe-dropped when I've paid for signature required, which become options if personal details like that are on the package.

Some sellers have had complaints from their buyers about putting phone numbers on parcels, so that's likely another reason they can be reluctant to do it. 

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

In my country, SMS of receiving package is free, only SMS about "received by addressee" costs money

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks for your attention, and a nice day

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

If a seller put my phone number on a parcel I'd get a bit upset. It's a privacy issue and I don't want my phone number available to every Tom, Dick and Harry. I've printed plenty of ebay labels and I don't think the buyers' phone numbers have ever been on them.
Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

@efratnakash wrote:

Thanks for your attention, and a nice day

Too easy, the OP has found the answer to the question without anyone finding it for them.

How unusual is that???????        original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

There are different rules etc for different countries when it comes to ebay

So not much we can do if someone overseas comes to the community help forum for ebay Australia and excpect sellers located here to follow what other places want them to do

If you have a complaint about how ebay in a different country operates, their rules or how they do things, you will need to contact ebay in the country you want to complain about

Sellers do not have not put the phone number on a package and nor should they have to. 

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply