Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Re: Selling account restricted permanently

All of what you have said is correct.  

Our two current alternatives Gumtree (eBay) aarrgghh!!, and QS who do nothing, are not going to be our 'new dawn'.

Has anyone got Richard Brandson's phone number - he's always up for a new challenge, and got the money to back it.  And why not Dick Smith - anyone able to get in contact.  

Someone posted a couple of days ago about becoming a 'union' a 'co-op'.

Time to get some thinking caps on and find an entreprenaur who will take on the challenge.  And I would guarantee there would be a lot of people there as quick as you could snap your fingers.

Message 291 of 330
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I'm a bit more computer savvy than he is and I can't for the life of me work out why it does this. He has Win 8 on his computer and I have Win 7 and I have none of those issues despite using the same browser.

Got it in one sheep....your OH is using Win 8.....it is a diabolical system.  I loath it.

Message 292 of 330
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I'm a bit more computer savvy than he is and I can't for the life of me work out why it does this. He has Win 8 on his computer and I have Win 7 and I have none of those issues despite using the same browser.

Got it in one sheep....your OH is using Win 8.....it is a diabolical system.  I loath it.

So does he! He keeps trying to swap with me and I don't want a bar of it. It's the first version too, which I'm lead to believe is the worst.

Message 293 of 330
Latest reply

So whats the goss? Hope your finding a plan B

...Looks like some house cleaning was done on this thread....I take thatback ..its just jumped ship.

Message 294 of 330
Latest reply

I was wondering this morning how John was getting on. Maybe he should just bite the bullet and open a new account. I noticed this morning that someone with a suspended account has opened a new one...........funny thing is, they didn't count on having restrictions!!!

Message 295 of 330
Latest reply

I have been lurking for last few days as i have been busy making contingencies. I am still and will be for a while yet...

If you are interested to know, please email me at johndotpamborisatbigponddotcom

Take it like this, i have a plan B, C, D, E and F. And it does not need to stop there..

Message 296 of 330
Latest reply

Good theory but im selling 1 month elswere just today i made sales $800. I'm not loosing money who lost money is ebay from fees not me. And as i said i just waiting for few last items to be delivered and good bye ebay. Ebay is loosing trafic and lost credibility after that hack and restriction what did so many IT managers. ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy you selling of your stones. It's funny to read your comments. Maybe one day you will have here maybe 10000 of active users just sellers but no buyers. And China import will educate new buyers to go dirrectly on their sites ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 297 of 330
Latest reply

Interested ๐Ÿ™‚ Check your mailbox

Message 298 of 330
Latest reply

Think I had better hey? I will later

Message 299 of 330
Latest reply

Oooops! Wrong ID Linda. I didn't say anything about your 3armyrats ID losing money, that was in relation to your new account....the one where you are trying to convince us it isn't yours. While ever that account remains an active store, eBay will keep charging you the monthly fees, whether you list anything or not. I hate to see hard earned dollars being wasted like that, that's why I suggested to just post under this ID so you can get the other one closed quicker. In the mean time, can you cancel your store subscription, or are you locked in for a certain period of time?

As for traffic, I've been getting lots of traffic, so no issues with my sales.

Message 300 of 330
Latest reply