Seller saying I returned different item

So I bought a Graphics card (Computer Part) from a seller and after 5 days it stopped working. The seller received the item Yesterday and is telling me that the Gaphics Card s different from the one they sent me. Seller is clearly Chinese and I can barely understand his sentences, is eBay going to side with them and I'm going to lose my money? What do I say?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Seller saying I returned different item

Don't give up on this one, take photos of the returned card showing the dust etc and the lack of your identifying marks.

I suspect your buyer is trying to con you, eBay should not be refunding them when you have shown proof of their lies.

As said before in your other thread, if eBay refuses to look again at the dispute, contact ACORN the on-line fraud organisation.

https://www.acorn.gov.au/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 51 of 59
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Don't give up on this one, take photos of the returned card showing the dust etc and the lack of your identifying marks.

I suspect your buyer is trying to con you, eBay should not be refunding them when you have shown proof of their lies.

As said before in your other thread, if eBay refuses to look again at the dispute, contact ACORN the on-line fraud organisation.

https://www.acorn.gov.au/

I'm thankful and so should everyone else on eBay that you do not make decisions on cases. I still don't see why you are siding with him when you haven't seen the evidence, same as myself and eBay and everyone else on this board.

If you want my proof than click here, I was using the card to mine ETH, a cryptocurrency that can be 'mined' by using the processing power from the card. Click the 'payment' section and you will see the last payout was on "2017-07-07 22:14:41", 10 PM on July 7th. On the night of 7th July the card died, after hours of troubleshooting and trying to fix the card I requested this "payment" from the site of 0.100305041221 ETH and opened a return case on eBay, you will notice a big red bar saying "Minimum payout is 0.1 ETH", the default payment is 0.2 ETH, I had to chat with support to get this changed, because I can't mine the rest without a card.

Also the site should show a graph of the processing power produced from the past 2 weeks, it has been 2 weeks since the card died and nothing shows on the graph because I haven't had a card good enough to mine with.

Using this website, you can calculate the amount of ETH I mined is actually reasonable with time I had the card. The card I bought, R9 390 was producing 28MH/s equalling around 0.01149 ETH per day, I had it for 10 days, do the maths and you will see that considering computer downtimes the amount I was paid is rather consistent to what that website says.

I don't know if anyone will understand a single word of this, but I am actually fu**ing fed up with users like you siding against me on absoultely no basis. But no, you'll find a way to put this back on me, I'm a master con artist who somehow perfectly constructed this ahead of time, right? 

Message 52 of 59
Latest reply

Settle down cuppy.

Everyone has their own opinions and I think everyone here is telling both buyer and seller to pursue the case so the truth can be found.

Not necessarily siding but speculating and speaking their mind.

It's also possible the item was swapped out in transit. We have heard that here several times.

image host
Message 53 of 59
Latest reply

It would appear to me this is not necessarily a he said / he said case where either the buyer or seller is scamming or dishonest.

I know zero about computer parts in general or graphics cards in particular but as with any electronic item it is possible the item can work one day and not the next through no fault of either party.

If the card was working when sold, as appears to be the case even according to the buyer, then the seller was not dishonest. However, for almost $500 the buyer can reasonably expect the card to work for longer than five days.

All I am saying is it's possible the card was working when sold (so seller is not scamming) and not working now (so buyer is not scamming).  I am assuming there is no way to make a defective card work for a short period before it dies.

If the seller has evidence the buyer returned a different part then they should provide it to ebay for consideration.  Either way, no one on these boards is in possession of all the facts to make such a determination.

Message 54 of 59
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

The English in that message makes way more sense than if my brother wrote it and he's a 4th generation Australian. I have no idea how you couldn't understand the message from the seller. I'd say you're nitpicking because you're upset.

Only ebay can sort this out. No one here can help you. If the seller can prove he marked the item he sent, and can prove the one returned doesn't have it, you lose. If he can't prove it, you win. One can never tell which way ebay will go as they keep moving the goal posts,

If you're seriously saying to me that, that was good English, you are either lying or stupid.

Message 55 of 59
Latest reply

I think it was good English too, for a Chinese person.  It certainly wasn't hard to

work out what he was saying.

Have you tried messaging the seller in Chinese to see how you good you are?

Message 56 of 59
Latest reply

Why bother asking on these boards then if no one here is in a position to determine anything?

Message 57 of 59
Latest reply

Do superfluous commas count?

Message 58 of 59
Latest reply

@tcg_cards_au1 wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

If you're seriously saying to me that, that was good English, you are either lying or stupid.

I am neither a liar, or stupid. What is your excuse?

Message 59 of 59
Latest reply