Seller saying I returned different item

So I bought a Graphics card (Computer Part) from a seller and after 5 days it stopped working. The seller received the item Yesterday and is telling me that the Gaphics Card s different from the one they sent me. Seller is clearly Chinese and I can barely understand his sentences, is eBay going to side with them and I'm going to lose my money? What do I say?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Well, we seem to be doing a lot of dancing around the subject.

It's up to ebay to sort it out, not us.

Someone is gunna be cranky though

edit:  They mentioned a partner.  Maybe the partner's English is better

Message 41 of 59
Latest reply

The English in that message makes way more sense than if my brother wrote it and he's a 4th generation Australian. I have no idea how you couldn't understand the message from the seller. I'd say you're nitpicking because you're upset.

Only ebay can sort this out. No one here can help you. If the seller can prove he marked the item he sent, and can prove the one returned doesn't have it, you lose. If he can't prove it, you win. One can never tell which way ebay will go as they keep moving the goal posts,

Message 42 of 59
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sapphire-NITRO-R9-390-8G-DDR5-Graphics-Card-faster-than-GTX-1070-Cool-n-Q...

Bottom of the listing says 'Pick up from Sunnybank 4109'

Just to chip in on the whole language issue:

Sunnybank is a southern Brisbane suburb with a very high asian population, a high percentage being of Chinese origin.

Judging by his language usage the seller is definitely ESL which is to be expected given his location.

Peculiarities relating to application of tenses and repeated use of questions as statements indicates an asian root 1st language.

I can easily see how "one day and not the next" would be open to misinterpretation under the circumstances.

As for the he said/she said aspect, who knows?

Graphics cards are notoriously fussy items though and in my experience, not too long lived.

Message 43 of 59
Latest reply

It's over, eBay decided in my favour because the seller never gave the evidence he apparently had.

Message 44 of 59
Latest reply

If he had evidence he should've uploaded it.

He's out $500 then.

Message 45 of 59
Latest reply

I wonder how the seller will react on his thread.

Message 46 of 59
Latest reply

Of course it's over eBay always side with the buyer lol I told you so.

Sellers will always get shafted.

But hey I said it could go either way haha

Message 47 of 59
Latest reply

@tcg_cards_au1 wrote:

So I bought a Graphics card (Computer Part) from a seller and after 5 days it stopped working. The seller received the item Yesterday and is telling me that the Gaphics Card s different from the one they sent me. Seller is clearly Chinese and I can barely understand his sentences, is eBay going to side with them and I'm going to lose my money? What do I say?

Quote:

I buy graphics card from dodgy Chinese seller > Low quality Chinese-made Graphics card breaks within days (They are meant to last years) > Return item back to dodgy Chinese seller > This thread.

People like you make me sick

I thought this was just a business issue, a simple eBay dispute, and have never believed the 'racism' thing in my last 4 years work with locals, now I realized this might be a thing as I heard such comments from young man. No matter how this dispute will end, or what you have gone through with Chinese, I hope you don't deface Chinese anymore. 

I think almost all graphics cards are assembled/made in China as well as your iPhone. 

Chinese-made doesn't mean low quality. 

Message 48 of 59
Latest reply

@tcg_cards_au1 wrote:

Because everyone is referring the Chinese part, this is what I am talking about:

brokenenglish.png

Make the decision for yourself, this screams broken english to me.

I said "Graphics card doesn t work anymore, was working one day than the next nothing happens not even the fans turn on,"

A native speaker would understand that is just a phrase to mean in suddenly stopped working, to this guy he thinks I'm saying it only worked for one day, look at the last part of his message.

I'm sorry for my English to everyone here.

I only started to learn A B C when I was the same age as the OP today, and am still learning. 

I do think my English is not too bad, should be above the average Chinese migrant. 

Message 49 of 59
Latest reply

@tcg_cards_au1 wrote:

It's over, eBay decided in my favour because the seller never gave the evidence he apparently had.

Yes you won at the moment. 

But I've also requested eBay to do their work as they promised to the sellers, so lets wait for them and see how this goes. 

Message 50 of 59
Latest reply