Shady neighbour

Friday 7.45am I think possibly my Ebay parcel may have been nicked from my front door as I heard and saw courier attempting to deliver it. Think it would have been Australia post contractor (also viewed a scuffle with someone) then saw courier leave to get back into post van, went to check for parcel but no luck. Parcel from Canada, no track number. Saw somebody grab courier by his top, positive it was female attacking him . Would have been person who lives in my block of flats. Saw all this from my loungeroom window. Could anyone advise me what to do at all? I have home contents insurance. I am hoping courier put parcel back into van due to the trouble. Very very distressing. Would have run to front door but was in pyjamas. Spoke with post office this morning personally but they did not seem that concerned. Any good ideas about what I can do?
Message 1 of 195
Latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: Shady neighbour

No walls here to sit on . 

I am glad you are  concentration on me instead of the post.

if you think I have changes sides thats your opinion if I have changed sides am I allowed ti  or if I have an opinion on something 3 months ago am if I wush can I change.or do I have to ask  certain posters.  Anyway have a lovely xmas  stay away from the sun on saturday its going to be hot over there .  Love joe

Message 91 of 195
Latest reply

joe, I'm waiting on some answers from michelle.  I have asked questions on two posts and will wait for answers (although I do not have confidence they will be forthcoming).  Until then I have nothing more to say about michelle's predicament, other than to call you out on a double standard.

It's not going to be hot here on Saturday. Not sure where you get that from.  It's only going to be 44 degrees.  I have to work out what jumper I will wear.

Message 92 of 195
Latest reply

fair enough   sometimes  maybe not this time but as we get older we change a lot of things,  in fact i used to carry boxes of sticky tape  now i struggle  carring 1 roll of tape, lol.  

i might need a coat here then  in melbourne only going to be 41 ,

Message 93 of 195
Latest reply

I'm guessing Michelle not only has trouble shopping online, but also when she does her local supermarket shop...

Wrong change, items expired, scanned more than shelf price, missing items when she gets home...

Some people have more than their fair share of bad luck! 🙂
Message 94 of 195
Latest reply

cathyjoyjoy wrote:

My brain hurts .......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is left of my Brain, has gone out in Sympathy for Australia Post.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 95 of 195
Latest reply

Speaking of Australia Post...a good story.

International parcels delivered, four days ahead of the estimate, by Australia Post this morning. A Sunday.

In perfect condition and well ahead of Christmas.

Thank you Australia Post 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 96 of 195
Latest reply

These posts by Michelle are rather entertaining on a slow day, but really the stories are utter tripe and impossible to take seriously.

No effort made to make any kind of sense at all!

Message 97 of 195
Latest reply

did any one see a current affair last night?

OMG the audacity of some of the thieving going on!!

Message 98 of 195
Latest reply

@magpie13*8 wrote:

did any one see a current affair last night?

OMG the audacity of some of the thieving going on!!

And not just from people's front doors...........

There's a reason I have just bought a CCTV set up. It may not stop people stealing, but at least I'll have something to take to the police. The usual culprits around here are well known to police, so there is a much higher chance of an arrest if one has video evidence.

Message 99 of 195
Latest reply

in all fairness, the "sting" part of that ACA story was a croc!

The reasons for why I say this:

- they had people wearing a yellow hi-viz vest posing as a courier leave the items on top of the brick letterbox structure at the front of unit blocks.  No clipboard or Connote pad, and

- couriers would go to the door of the unit the item was addressed to and would not leave the item an item looking like that on the brick letterbox structure

- the items were not wrapped for posting or sending by courier, they simply had a white paper label on them and some tinsel.  The original box showing the item inside i.e. a speaker system or beer.  Who in their right mind puts tinsel on the outside of a couriered item?

- they left an unwrapped carton of beer, with tinsel, on the letterbox structure on the street.  NO COURIER would do this.  In fact, had the young girl actually taken a 6-pack then ACA should have been charged with supplying alcohol to a minor.

They set those people up.  I'm not saying the people did nothing wrong, but they chose unit blocks for their 'sting' and then made the claim that you can't trust your neighbours.

Message 100 of 195
Latest reply