Is it me? Sales not happening

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Is it me? Sales not happening

The search parameters when searching for fabric - not for those who know my shop. 

Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

@bronwynsgold wrote:

I just did similiar, 116 out of 118 listings in best match were with the same seller and 112 out of 115 were with the same seller in newly listed even though I newly listed a couple of hours ago.

So what does it mean? does it mean that my store is too puny to bother with? It is over month now with few sales.  Can you tell me how to complain to ebay? Many of my listings are not showing. But when I go and check ebay says they are.

There's not a lot of point contacting eBay CS as they will be very unhelpful and are only a call centre.

eBay management are not contactable at all (or maybe you could try Devin@ebay.com)

I saw somwhere online that the previous CEO was john@ebay.com.

Personally I think they just ration us depending on site visitor/sales volume.

eBay would never admit to anything but when you accept their terms of service they specifically state that your listings may not be permanently visible (or words to that effect).

In other words they charge us for it but don't guarantee to provide the service.

It's probably best to spread products across multiple sales channels though.

Maybe Etsy would work for your products?

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

I think most seller know there is a light that turns on/off I have gone a week without hardly a sale then got 5 in a hour. Personally yes I would rather smooth regular sales but TBH it does not bother me that much. The last week for me has been very slow but what I look at is the monthly sales and as long as I sell a certain amount each month all is good. Online sales are finicky and even more on Ebay, for some reason, and will go up and down but it is the overall picture Monthly/quarterly/yearly you need to look at really

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

I think most seller know there is a light that turns on/off I have gone a week without hardly a sale then got 5 in a hour. Personally yes I would rather smooth regular sales but TBH it does not bother me that much. The last week for me has been very slow but what I look at is the monthly sales and as long as I sell a certain amount each month all is good. Online sales are finicky and even more on Ebay, for some reason, and will go up and down but it is the overall picture Monthly/quarterly/yearly you need to look at really

I'm the opposite to you! I find the stop/start really kills momentum, creativity and flow. Luckily I am an hobby seller and not relying on selling for income, but I always have a list of things I want to buy that are my next targets. Very frustrating when you miss out on an item because you have been in throttle mode, or just as you start to get flowing again the lights go off. I understand all business has cycles, but its one thing to ride out the natural cycles, and yet for me at least, a different matter when the cycles are enforced.

Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

I had a very slow second half of January.

And a very fast first half of February.

Unless I have a massive spike in sales in the next 2 days, I will have an average month. As I seem to do EVERY month.

At least I know about and understand the system, so I don't have to waste emotional energy anguishing over things that I can't control.

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

I havent had many  sales on one account for 2 months.The sales I did have were overeas .Which is strange

Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

Hi all. I have gone 8 days without a sale. Unheard of for me. I have never gone more than 3 days without a sale. For February I've sold 4 books - unbelievable & no offers of free listings in the last 2 (or 3)? offers for stores. I have obviously done something to offend Ebay. If anyone reads this can they please tell me if my listings are showing at all. Thanks.
Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

At least I know about and understand the system, so I don't have to waste emotional energy anguishing over things that I can't control.

Me to, I never search for my own items so have no idea where they come in searches. It is not something I can do anything about so why bother.

I either have a good week or a bad one, overall salea are less than they were over 3 years ago but so far better than last year for the first three and a half months I have been open.

Still have a shed load of stock though which will probably have to go by the end of my next selling cycle or I will be having one heck of a garage sale lol.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Me to, I never search for my own items so have no idea where they come in searches. It is not something I can do anything about so why bother.

I either have a good week or a bad one, overall salea are less than they were over 3 years ago but so far better than last year for the first three and a half months I have been open.

Still have a shed load of stock though which will probably have to go by the end of my next selling cycle or I will be having one heck of a garage sale lol.

I guess we are all different. It also depends on what you are selling. I am in a collectable market, and as such targets are snapped up quickly, hence having some idea of when lights are on and off is helpful. I also prefer to be in control of my own destiny, if I choose to work hard then in a level unrestricted field it should equate to better results. Equally if I choose to take a break then the results should be no sales. On eBay you can be in enforced shutdown for weeks and then suddenly you have to jump into action as it all kicks off for a few days.

As I say, we are all different, some are happy to be swept along the river where the currents take them, I prefer to have some control.

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

Seems  to me if your looking for used goods at bargain prices  Facebook BSS sites are the place where people are shopping  I Just sold a very popular  V8

motor on a specialty FB group  with in hours of posting yet had it on ebay for a week had 433 visits not one offer or bid

Message 20 of 35
Latest reply