Is it me? Sales not happening

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

That may be part of the answer, but I still think there is a huge pool of buyers who just select auction only. I know I regularly search for auctions only as this throws up around 1000 items in my catagory. I can actually scroll through this number and occasionaly pick up a bargain. If I search buy it nows, I could end up with 80,000 - 100,000 items. Way too many to actually look at.

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

Most of the time I'll search as auction only for the reasons you mentioned. Sometimes I will search all if I'm not sure what something is worth and I'll refine as lowest price so that I don't pay more at auction than I would for a BIN...........which I've seen so many others do.

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

One thing I have noticed with auctions is once someone bids on it the auction seems to get the maximum amount of exposure possible. Guess this is due to the fact ebay KNOWS its going to sell so the more they get it to sell for the biger the %%%%% of the pie they get

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

@bronwynsgold wrote:

So does ebay throttle sellers?

Well I just checked 10 of my listings using an anonymous VPN and they weren't there.

0 sales for 2 days which in media is very unusual.

I have about 1500 books listed too.

How do you do this? If you dont mind me asking...

My sales a dropped by around 75% since November last year. I can't figure out why, my prices are competitive, if not the lowest, I have the stock. 100% feedback.

I just dont get it. Ivรฉ gone from 8k a week in sales down to just under 2k.

I know sales have dipped a little since dropping a few line items, because of asian competition just absolutely raping the prices and making it not worth while to sell certain products but the items I have dropped wont have an effect like what I'm seeing. 

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

@mcbaj wrote:
@bronwynsgold wrote:

So does ebay throttle sellers?

Well I just checked 10 of my listings using an anonymous VPN and they weren't there.

0 sales for 2 days which in media is very unusual.

I have about 1500 books listed too.

How do you do this? If you dont mind me asking...

My sales a dropped by around 75% since November last year. I can't figure out why, my prices are competitive, if not the lowest, I have the stock. 100% feedback.

I just dont get it. Ivรฉ gone from 8k a week in sales down to just under 2k.

I know sales have dipped a little since dropping a few line items, because of asian competition just absolutely raping the prices and making it not worth while to sell certain products but the items I have dropped wont have an effect like what I'm seeing. 

You don't need a VPN to check your listings. Just log out and search as a guest or use a different browser (logged out of course!).

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply