My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Does anybody know what's wrong with this brand? I don't even sell it myself - another family member was selling it.

eBay chat line won't restore my account - what should I do?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

The other brand has been around for years. The kid butchered the name to try and capitalise off it. Despite what you think. No sympathy. Also no chance of the accounts having restrictions lifted. Zero chance in fact. Kick the kid out and get a new ISP. It's the only chance you have to sell again.

Message 31 of 59
Latest reply

Re: My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

hahaha also when i say drop shipping i laughed hahaha the vague details make me laugh too

Message 32 of 59
Latest reply

@ephemera123 wrote:

Hi, the letter is a restriction letter which says until the issues with my son's account are resolved i can't sell.

I had another go with chat line this morning & got the same response as yesterday. When my son asked them what he could do

to resolve the issues - they said "Due to eBay's privacy policy we're unable to tell you". I think this is a very heavy handed approach in dealing with their own customers.

At the risk of repeating myself.......you have 22 listings up.

There were 23, but one sold.

Message 33 of 59
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@ephemera123 wrote:

Hi, the letter is a restriction letter which says until the issues with my son's account are resolved i can't sell.

I had another go with chat line this morning & got the same response as yesterday. When my son asked them what he could do

to resolve the issues - they said "Due to eBay's privacy policy we're unable to tell you". I think this is a very heavy handed approach in dealing with their own customers.

Looks like the restrictions didn't last long,back to business as usual.

Message 34 of 59
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@ephemera123 wrote:

The impression I got was that she still had active listings, buy was unable to list more items. I would guess that once these items currently listed are ended, or sold, then there will be no more selling.

Message 35 of 59
Latest reply

Would ebay be that generous?

I understood that a suspension was instantaneous and absolute...no dilly dallying.

Message 36 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Would ebay be that generous?

I understood that a suspension was instantaneous and absolute...no dilly dallying.

I think you are right. In hindsight, I think the sellers who were allowed to keep their listings active were those that had sustained a temporary suspension, for say a week. During that time they couldn't list any more items. 

Now I'm even more confused! I really should get to bed before the sun comes up.

Message 37 of 59
Latest reply

I'm posting my response here.

eBay won't allow it in ephemera888

Message 38 of 59
Latest reply

@retrogirl*co wrote:

eBay won't allow it in ephemera888

That's not a good development, it could be that eBay's in the process of closing that account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 39 of 59
Latest reply

Listings are still active, so not closing her down yet.

I'm wondering if there was a post violation and there is a pink slap from posting on the boards? 

It would be interesting to get an update about the kid, because the second account she posted with also has active listings. The kids' account doesn't have any.

Message 40 of 59
Latest reply