The dumbest message I have had by far!!!!

I just had a message from a buyer asking if I would replace a pair of boots he purchased over 8 months ago because they are falling apart. Seriously......I wish my shoes would last 8 months.

What's the dumbest message or question anyone has been asked?

Lets all have a bit of a laugh.............

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: The dumbest message I have had by far!!!!

Can I have the tracking number for my order? (after they payed for letter post) I think someone gave me a neutral for this also.

Message 31 of 45
Latest reply

I hate those sort of messages about postage. One time I sold a dress on Friday night, and Saturday morning was "I bought this yesterday and it doesn't look like you have posted it yet. Could you let me know when you intend to post?"

Message 32 of 45
Latest reply

What makes all this postage BS really erk me (apart from the fact that it is Australia Posts fault) is that whenever I order stuff directly from suppliers websites they take ages to post. Why do ebay have to promote unrealistic postage times, most of the time it is OK but every now and then there is going to be delays.

Message 33 of 45
Latest reply

That's true. I often buy from the daily deal sites such as catch of the day and usually the postage time is listed as up to 3 weeks. People have to like it or lump it, no feedback either.Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 45
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Can I have the tracking number for my order? (after they payed for letter post) I think someone gave me a neutral for this also.

I,ve had all of those questions too. They can be very annoying. The unrealistic postal expectations ebay promote is one of the reasons ebay is going downhill faster than a rabbit on roller skates.

Message 35 of 45
Latest reply

Most recent dumb question: "what do you mean by two"

Message 36 of 45
Latest reply

I had a wonderful message (sent very late at night for an auction which finished very early in the morning) advising me she had bid on an item I had listed, very clearly stating 'Pick up Only' I hadn't worked out how to eliminate the postage option so it did read free postage but for heaven's sake it was a double bed, solid wooden bed head and foot approximately 5' high, wanting to know if the free postage covered Tasmania?   I wonder how big her mailbox was?

I have great admiration for those still selling, I tried it and foolishly assumed everyone was like me.   I always pick up asap, check when it suits the seller, but thanks to 2 rude, bad mannered people my Feedback is currently 93 as I haven't used ebay much for buying and certainly not for selling, don't need the drama.

Thanks for the stories everyone.

Message 37 of 45
Latest reply

Just got one: buyer has purchased three items in the last three weeks or so, asked me to hold the early ones, and send them all together.

He paid for the most recent one on Saturday. Monday was a public holiday (post offices were closed). Ten minutes ago, I get a message: "the magazine hasn't arrived yet"...

Message 38 of 45
Latest reply

Sent an invoice for multiple purchases last night. Message this morning "do I have to pay for these? Didn't the listings say they were free?". These were AUCTION items, so they would have placed a bid on each one to be able to buy them. Not sure how free postage was interpreted as free item..........

Message 39 of 45
Latest reply

I've had someone leave negative feedback because I wouldn't deliver a fragile 'pick up only' item to him in QLD. From Melbourne. For free.

Questionwise, I've had people ask questions that are already answered in the listing. Once, I was asked why a dressing table I was selling didn't have a mirror, and just had the frame- it did have the mirror, but was reflecting the wall in front of it.

Message 40 of 45
Latest reply