The dumbest message I have had by far!!!!

I just had a message from a buyer asking if I would replace a pair of boots he purchased over 8 months ago because they are falling apart. Seriously......I wish my shoes would last 8 months.

What's the dumbest message or question anyone has been asked?

Lets all have a bit of a laugh.............

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

For the love of god, please stop, i have not laughed this much in ages. 

Spoiler
Except for the comment on the handled with care thread, you know the one where some one wrote about they found a certain someones package. Classic!!
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

Just an update from my original post. The boots were Mongrel brand and the customer sent some "very" nice photos of his boots. I sent the pictures to mongrel and asked about warranty. Today received email stating they would not replace them as they have basically been worn out, even though they do have 12 months on their boots.

Thanks to everyone for replying with their dumbest questions/messages, it makes me laugh after a hard days work. Cannot believe some people are that stupid. keep them coming...........
Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

Just had another good one. Buyer from U.S.A purchases and pays for a $35 item with $9.50 postage. I contact them to say I have another item in storage which may suit them. This one is normally $160 but I would do it for half price ( $80 plus postage ) just to move it and help them out a bit. Thier response was "if I pay the postage will you throw it in with the other $35 item for free" 

That thudding sound you can hear is my head against the wall.......Smiley Frustrated

Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

It gets better............ Sensing problems, I message the buyer back saying I have checked the items in storage and it appears to have sold. I offer my apologies for any inconvenience and say I will mail first item straight away. Buyer messages back and says he really wants the other item now and offers to pay the full $160 plus post. ..............Thud.....Thud....Thud !!!

Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

I've handled this scenario many times before... If you really want the sale at the $160 price,  just advise the buyer that it has taken awhile to get back to them due to your having done a very thorough stocktake just to double check stock levels in order to be of help. (emphasise the trouble you went to in being helpful) Buttering Up!

Then mention it turns out that the item is still for sale (send item number) & please click on the "Buy It Now" button & then await a combined invoice for best possible postage costs to their location.... Works like a charm!

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply