What would you do here?

Rcently my sister and I listed a pick up only bulk item & they 'sold' to someone who looks very much like they may be a dealer, with a FB score of over 82,000. The auction deliberately ended on a Friday as weekends suit a lot of people for pick up.

When the auction ended, my sister sent a message just to make contact and ask when they would like to arrange to collect the items.

No reply.

She sent a couple of other messages, she included her address & mobile number in case that made it easier.

She did not get any reply at all till about 6 days after the auction. All it said was-might have to be the weekend.

She messaged back and said she would like them collected by this weekend. No reply.

Yesterday morning the man sent a 3 word message via ebay- 'are you home'. My sister isn't on a computer 24/7 and didn't see the email till lunchtime, by which stage he had sent a second, saying, "Didn't you get my message". She replied immediately to say she was home & when would he like to collect?

No reply.

This is a person you would think knows very well how ebay works. At no time has he contacted my sister in advance or tried to arrange any mutually agreeable time.

He has ignored most of her messages yet expected instant responses to his own.

I have suggested not to mess around any more. To start an unpaid item dispute tomorrow if she doesn't hear from him.

Is this fair enough and where will she stand if he claims he 'tried' to pick up?

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: What would you do here?

Remind me not to get friendly or related to springy.

Message 41 of 46
Latest reply

Or me,  Dave

big grin smiley.gif

Message 42 of 46
Latest reply

Too late, I sold mine for a bottle of Scotch years ago.

Message 43 of 46
Latest reply

What have I done, Dave?Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 46
Latest reply

I think dave is just being facitious as you and some family members have had some probs with eBay recently.

In other words you appear to be bad luck. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 45 of 46
Latest reply

Oh I don't know, kopes. I won  $23 in lotto on the weekend (the ticket only cost about $21), so maybe my luck is changing. Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 46
Latest reply