Who is ebaying today?

I thought I'd get this thread up again.:-)

I've had enough excitement here for one day and am off to find my zzz's.

Good thing the weekend is coming up so we can play with all this new stuff.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 1 of 6,626
Latest reply
6,625 REPLIES 6,625

Re: Who is ebaying today?

laynesmum
Community Member
Just thought I'd pop in and show off my nicely rounded number. I like having 00's on the end. I'd prefer a lot more though :^O

Oops - it's not showing up yet. Give it a mo ?:|
Message 6001 of 6,626
Latest reply

Congrats Amanda. ๐Ÿ™‚ If you click on your FB it's showing.
~ Mon ~
Message 6002 of 6,626
Latest reply

Congratulations, Amanda.

If you sign out and sign in again via the link on the RHS, just above the Reply to this Topic button, your new FB number will show.
Message 6003 of 6,626
Latest reply

Apparently not January. Especially after a major national crisis.

Going back though, other than the Christmas rush - my months are all pretty similar.

Not my experience in the B&M.
January is our busiest month of the year by far,
Maybe that's why it's so quiet for online sellers, lol.
Message 6004 of 6,626
Latest reply

Oh oh ohhhh go and check out Helene Young's blog for today http://www.heleneyoung.com/2011/01/love-books/ ๐Ÿ™‚

Love the interview, well done Nicola
Message 6005 of 6,626
Latest reply

Thanks all and well done Amanda! Keep up the good work!
Message 6006 of 6,626
Latest reply

My little cat, Daisy the 17 year old Bookshop cat, is dying. She's lying here beside me barely breathing, so I really hope she goes soon.

I would take her to the vet and put her out of her misery (or really, is it just our misery watching her?), but she doesn't seem to be in any pain and a trip to the vet would traumatise her, especially today when it's 42C outside.

She's been grumpy her whole, long life, but she's also been a lovely little friend. We'll all miss her. :_|
Message 6007 of 6,626
Latest reply

Judy - I am so sorry. My old moggy is 17+ and we are dreading the day! He seems to spend most of his time sleeping & eating, so I think he may have a few months left. Hugs to you & I really DO know how you feel.
Message 6008 of 6,626
Latest reply

Oh, Judy, i'm so sorry. It's just awful watching a pet go downhill. I hope for daisy (and your) sake she goes sooner, rather than later. Do you think the start of it was when she was using the space under your desk as a loo?

Our dog is almost 14, she's incontinent, arthritic, deaf, has mitral valve disease, can't hold her weight if she's on tiles/polished floor and I suspect her eyesight's not the best. Other than that she's fit as a fiddle the vet told me! We keep hoping she just doesn't wake up one morning, as this slow wearing out is just so hard on her.
Message 6009 of 6,626
Latest reply

Very sorry to hear too, Judy....

It is not just your misery though, that is for sure. I understand what you are saying about the trip out on a day like this though....I suppose the real risk is pneumonia if the end stage is to be drawn out.

Grumpy she may always have been....but clearly she has enjoyed being The Bookshop Cat!

*sniff* I picked up a copy of 'Dewey' the other day (not the classification system - but the story of the library cat) and although it is sad when our little friends go, it is much better they were with us for that long....trying hard here to not think of the annual figures released by our local pound of the kitties who weren't so fortunate......

What's that line by Kinky Friedman? About Heaven being a place where you go and all the cats and dogs you have ever known come running to meet you?

Hoping Daisy has a quick passing....again, so sorry Judy.

GB x
Message 6010 of 6,626
Latest reply