Who is ebaying today?

I thought I'd get this thread up again.:-)

I've had enough excitement here for one day and am off to find my zzz's.

Good thing the weekend is coming up so we can play with all this new stuff.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 1 of 6,626
Latest reply
6,625 REPLIES 6,625

Who is ebaying today?

dorroughby
Community Member
Nice shootin', sister. ๐Ÿ˜„
Quote of the day: "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." Noam Chomsky
Message 5991 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

Thanks! I was bored, it was sitting on 5997, so I just couldn't help myself. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I have 3 more days of holidays before I have to go home and face the real world. The list of things I have to start doing then is head-spinning, and it's growing daily. Cull, sort, store or pack all of our wordly goods, arrange for house to be rented out, change addresses, yada yada yada. We are going to TRY and move with minimal gear. If i had my way we would onlt take clothes, photos and kitchen stuff but my kids have other ideas!

I'll reopen my Store for a month or so to try and get rid of what stock I still have and then probably redonate what's left.
Message 5992 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

redonating -a nice variation on regifting!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/jan/17/plagiarism-books-intellectual-property-mccrum
another interesting article

holiday what holiday?
Message 5993 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

The best month for selling books?

Mine would be December, November and August. The first 2 are fairly easy to understand as I sell mainly new books, although quite a few of my rare out-of-print books were purchased as Christmas gifts last year as well.

August ... tax return spending I think.

And the worst month?
February. Christmas credit cards and back-to-school take up a lot of discretionary spending.

A national disaster always impacts sales - the Victorian bushfires 2 years ago, the QLD floods this year. People just aren't in the mood to spend money.
Message 5994 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

Oh oh ohhhh go and check out Helene Young's blog for today http://www.heleneyoung.com/2011/01/love-books/ ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 5995 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

Great interview Nicola, very enjoyable to read. I'll join your group and add Nora Roberts as one of my favourites! Seem to be books I read and re-read. I haven't actually ventured into JD Robb books, perhaps I'll put them on my list!

Well, after weeks of rain, we had sun yesterday and sun today! Bonus actually because I had to walk Miss 6 to Grade 1 today as the car is in the workshop. I was dreading having to walk in the rain! Thankfully it will be fixed this afternoon before school pick-up.

My other Miss turned 4 yesterday! They are growing up so quickly.
Message 5996 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

๐Ÿ˜„
Message 5997 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

thats an issue im having, motivation

I got up to list yesterday and looked at my books, then looked at what the big boys are selling them for brand new, and then wondered if it was worth my while.

in the end I talked myself into it, telling myself they wont make any money sitting on the desk
Message 5998 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

froot - you just need to do it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Carla - I wrote that in about November ๐Ÿ™‚ and hubby rolled around the floor laughing at me ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol but Helene is lovely and I will actually get to meet her in the flesh in March ๐Ÿ™‚

And yes, they grow up so fast, I said to hubby 24 months from now our oldest starts her last year of school.......and 36 youngest will have her last year.....it just went so quickly lol! Now I joke about rolling them out of the nest!
Message 5999 of 6,626
Latest reply

Who is ebaying today?

laynesmum
Community Member
Just thought I'd pop in and show off my nicely rounded number. I like having 00's on the end. I'd prefer a lot more though :^O
Message 6000 of 6,626
Latest reply