EBay Your Say Surveys

I signed up earlier in the year to do the surveys and have done a few. Most of the time it says that I've been entered into the monthly prize draw and I thought it was like Readers Digest where no-one ever knows the winners or the names are just made up to make it look good. I got an email tonight.......

Hi <my name>

Thanks for participating in our research activities last month. 

Your name has been drawn out as a WINNER OF THE MONTHLY PRIZE.

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have won a $100 eBay voucher.

Your unique redemption code is: <removed>

Instructions for use:    

• It is a single use coupon
  • Use the cart function and fill your cart with at least $100 worth of goods before applying the code
  • No "change" is provided if spend is less than coupon value
  • The voucher expires on the 31st October 2016

Happy shopping,

The eBay Your Say Team.

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: EBay Your Say Surveys

oooooohhhh, I know I know I know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who got the offer and then rescinded;

Send them a message "Item not as Described" 

rofl

Message 11 of 65
Latest reply

I was just wondering, what happens to anyone who got an offer and immediately used it? There must be some people who had things in their watch list and decided it was a good chance to redeem it.

I would have expected the unique redemption code to work for the very first person who got in and used it.

After that, I would guess users would get a knock back or error message, but the first person should have had a freebie which ebay should (if they have any sense) honour.

Otherwise the buyer would be within their rights to ask them to cancel the whole purchase on the premise it would not have been made if they had not had the prize voucher.

Message 12 of 65
Latest reply

I totallly agree with you springyzone, now I wonder if eBay will announce the winner's name. Maybe there is no winner at all.. how do we know...

Message 13 of 65
Latest reply

will there be a survey of the your say surveys?

when is a winner not a winner, when your an ebay survey doer!

Message 14 of 65
Latest reply

This will be the last 'free market research for eBay' survey I ever do. To be honest they only ever ask very selective questions and the participant never gets a real chance to say what needs to be said.

Message 15 of 65
Latest reply

Well I just unsubscribed from ebay Your Say. I googled 'eBay your say' then account info-unsubscribe.

There is a menu to select why you are unsubscribing. I used "other' with 'not honouring my $100 prize win' as the reason.

This will be last free market research I ever do for them!

Message 16 of 65
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I was just wondering, what happens to anyone who got an offer and immediately used it? There must be some people who had things in their watch list and decided it was a good chance to redeem it.

I thought about buying some paint!  I have had to suspend that thought.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, the paint seller will have to wait.

Message 18 of 65
Latest reply

Funny that, I bought some from the local Mitre 10 the other day......................no voucher with that either slr.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 65
Latest reply

Id bet the paint seller was counting the chickens before they hatched 

(Or is it trying to count a chicken thats hard to catch 😉 )

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 20 of 65
Latest reply