Paying for express post and receiving items regular post instead!

I'm really annoyed with sellers who list and charge for express post shipping to end up sending items via regular post.  I'm dealing with one of these sellers atm.   I waited 8 days and contacted the seller, who said that the express shipping was a listing mistake and that the item was sent via regular post last Thursday.  I really feel that it's not my problem that she made a listing mistake, and as a occassional seller myself I would stand by my mistake and post as I've listed.  My annoyance is that this is around the fourth or fifth time this year already!  What kind of feedback do you leave for these sellers??  I feel terrible leaving negative feedback for anyone, but I'm getting so sick of the laziness of quite a few sellers these days, and especially when I am someone who pays straight away. Grr, think just needed to vent! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Paying for express post and receiving items regular post instead!

You're right, conditions & terms have changed over the last few years so old information isn't helpful.

Lithium needs to work on how far back the drop down menu will search, by the sounds of it.

If they locked old threads & it could not search those, it would make things more relevant.

I've been caught out a bit answering old threads.

Message 31 of 60
Latest reply

What a great idea. After that, surely there must be some computer program they could put in place that only leaves eg the first 4 pages of threads open, or if people do a search for key words or phrases, that only searches the first 4-5 pages.

There's no reason people can't read old threads if they want to, but it's a bit of a waste answering an old thread as some of the people haven't been back on the boards for years. It's easy to get caught out if you don't check the dates of the opening posts.

I got sick of reading long threads, only to discover they were years old. Once I'd read all the posts I wanted on the first couple of pages, I used the drop down at the top to mark all posts as read. Now, if a dead thread does get dragged up, it takes me straight to the new message. I'm not left reading the lot before getting to the new message. If it's one that is showing highlighted blue on the main page, I then check the date of the post above the new one. 

Message 32 of 60
Latest reply

This happen to me, paid extra for express post, received email saying item sent express post with tracking number. I went online to track item it had been received by Australia Post with estimated delivery date, then the next day tried tracking same item only to see new estimated date had changed from 29/9 to 2/10. I rang Australia Post to find out why as I told them I paid extra to the seller for express post. I was then told that it had been only sent by standard post. I know it is only a couple of dollars but how many people do they scam by this. It is just wrong taking extra money for nothing it is just a con
Message 33 of 60
Latest reply

@waynefenton1957 wrote:
This happen to me, paid extra for express post, received email saying item sent express post with tracking number. I went online to track item it had been received by Australia Post with estimated delivery date, then the next day tried tracking same item only to see new estimated date had changed from 29/9 to 2/10. I rang Australia Post to find out why as I told them I paid extra to the seller for express post. I was then told that it had been only sent by standard post. I know it is only a couple of dollars but how many people do they scam by this. It is just wrong taking extra money for nothing it is just a con

putting aside the fact that this thread was started a long time ago, I will point out that depending upon which state you are in there may be public holidays in play.

Friday 28th Sept is a public holiday in Victoria so everyone can go and cheer on Collingwood in the AFL Grand Final parade in Melbourne.

Monday 1st October is a public holiday in NSW.  The first Monday in October has been a public holiday for more years than I can remember.  From memory, the Bathurst car race used to be on the long weekend in October.

Anyway, there may be other state public holidays.

Message 34 of 60
Latest reply

Dear Thread,

I know you must be feeling confused and somewhat wobbly on  your pins. It's been a while since you were really up and about, isn't it?

I know you were born on 20-08-2013 at 09:04 AM... Let me just highlight that. 2013. Five years ago. That's a longer lifespan than that of a McDonalds French Fry preserved in a shoe box.

Your original poster had his/her points addressed, and the whole thing came to a peaceful end two days later on 22-08-2013 at 10:45 PM, at which time you had every right to expect a calm spirit of eternal rest to fall upon you.

But no! A rude awakening on 07-09-2017 at 01:22 PM must have shocked you rigid! Your poor old bones... Of course, the poster probably did not realise how old you were, and how much you were looking forward to doing nothing more strenuous than watching the latest episode of Antiques Roadshow. Of course no one blames the poster of the small venting post which woke you up; a swift and spirited conversation occurred after that post concerning this very issue of dormant threads suddenly popping up with a new reply well and truly after the thread's original date (and usefulness) has passed.

But on โ€Ž08-09-2017 at 10:45 AM, that discussion ceased, and you lay down your weary head once more...

... and here we are again. Another post a year later (that is, five years since the thread was started), no doubt posted without the poster realising how old you are, dear thread.

I can't help thinking it's the forum's search function which is the problem. It dredges up old old threads without remorse, just because eBay members do a search for an answer or a topic. The search doesn't show the age of the thread, or the direction it's taken.

I also think that part of the problem is that old threads whose time has come are - as so many on these boards have mentioned - left unlocked, vulnerable to being posted in without warning that it's an old thread.

I could compare it, I suppose, to a man's being told that his hire car is "right over there, in that corner, over to the left", and that "the doors are unlocked, the keys are in the ignition, so just hop in and drive away." In reality, the hire car is not where the man's been told, the car that's sitting in the left corner unlocked and with keys in the ignition is the WRONG CAR, and moreover, it's a car whose battery doesn't hold a proper charge, whose suspension is badly in need of repair, and whose engine has a cracked head...  and it's such an old car that it won't get the poor driver to where he needs to go, anyway.

@waynefenton1957, if you head to the top of this particular board/forum (The eBay Community     Discussion Boards    Buying & Selling     Buying), you'll see a grey button enscribed with "New Message". When you click onto that, you are starting a new topic, and it will attract helpful comments and advice as well as allowing old threads not to be opened. (The worst thing about posting in an old thread is that much of the advice given years ago is no longer relevant, as eBay's policies will have changed since that time.) .... And you're right; it's not appropriate for you to pay for a service which the seller doesn't provide. If you post this in a new thread, you're sure to get some helpful suggestions.

Message 35 of 60
Latest reply

countess, the solution is really simple . . . . . . and it would not disrupt the boards for too long.

We all know that on Saturday afternoon everyone will be watching the AFL Grand Final and cheering on the Mighty Magpies.  So, with this in mind, shut down the boards for three hours during the GF and lock all the threads on the Buying and Selling board.  Then, just reactivate those on the first 5 or so pages of the thread lists.  This should stop these old threads getting dragged up.

Spoiler
those over in the West wonโ€™t be interested in posting on the boards for a couple of weeks once they lose to the Maggies.

Message 36 of 60
Latest reply

Quelle horreur. The due delivery date has gone from Saturday to Tuesday. A 0 business day delay (given Saturday doesn't count and Monday is a public holiday in a lot of places).

It is obvious that the seller should be hanged, drawn and quartered. Even better to mix the order up - being drawn and quartered doesn't actually inflict any additional harm on a hanged seller.

Message 37 of 60
Latest reply

In the West?

You are aware that a TRUE AFL supporter barracks for their team and whichever team (even Perth) is playing the Collywobbles, are you not?

Message 38 of 60
Latest reply

Yes, k1000-slr-sales, that is a solution.

I have every confidence that it will happen!

Wait a minute... I think I've been ingesting an halluginogenic and have been experiencing delusions of thread-locking. What was I thinking???

Message 39 of 60
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Yes, k1000-slr-sales, that is a solution.

I have every confidence that it will happen!

Wait a minute... I think I've been ingesting an halluginogenic and have been experiencing delusions of thread-locking. What was I thinking???

when I was over in the West back in May/June/July I think I may have been drugged.  I went to a BBQ in some backwater and the guy doing the cooking looked and sounded dodgy.

Message 40 of 60
Latest reply