Paying for express post and receiving items regular post instead!

I'm really annoyed with sellers who list and charge for express post shipping to end up sending items via regular post.  I'm dealing with one of these sellers atm.   I waited 8 days and contacted the seller, who said that the express shipping was a listing mistake and that the item was sent via regular post last Thursday.  I really feel that it's not my problem that she made a listing mistake, and as a occassional seller myself I would stand by my mistake and post as I've listed.  My annoyance is that this is around the fourth or fifth time this year already!  What kind of feedback do you leave for these sellers??  I feel terrible leaving negative feedback for anyone, but I'm getting so sick of the laziness of quite a few sellers these days, and especially when I am someone who pays straight away. Grr, think just needed to vent! 🙂

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

crikey
I understand what you are saying about interpretation. You must keep in mind the advertising of express post both outside of and on ebay.  Sellers can jump up and down all they  like about many things  but the truth is rightly or wrongly, it is the buyers interpretation that can effect what rating they give you. Therefore sellers must be aware that many buyers expect express postage items to be posted quickly.
Many times when you have the option to select express post over standard it shows the estimated delivery time is reduced sometimes to 1-2 days. If the item is then not delivery in that time because the seller has not posted it yet then in my opinion the buyer is not getting what they paid for as the item arrives outside the estimated delivery time and in this example completely due to the seller not AP.

My personal belief is if you state express post and do not state in the listing your postage time frame, then be prepared to get low stars or even the odd less than positive FB. (Not that I would ever give less than +FB if everything arrived as described)

Honestly are there many buyers out there that think differently?

Message 11 of 60
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
If I was the seller I would have immeiately refunded the difference in shipping or refunded the shipping cost then messaged the buyer to explain it was an honest mistake.
Message 12 of 60
Latest reply

Bottom line is if you need something delivered in under a week go to a regular store and buy it. Even if a seller is offering express post there is no guarantee they are going to post straight away or that AP will honiur their promised delivery time even if both of you are in the next day delivery service.

If you paid a couple of bucks extra and received it regular mail then I would give them just one or two stars for description, postal time and postage value.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 60
Latest reply

I'm with you on this Trish.

As a buyer, if I had a choice of normal or express post and chose express, it would be because I wanted the item quickly. Why else would anyone choose it, for heaven's sakes?

So if the seller waited a week before posting it out to me, god help them with their star ratings as far as i am concerned.

If i am expected to pay for items within 4 days, then it is entirely reasonable to expect goods to be posted within 4 days of payment.

And if someone offers express post, I would expect them to make an effort to get it out to me asap.

Yes, I know that express post is just a technical term for the type of postage paid but we're always being advised not to judge seller's on how fast the PO delivers, but on how fast they send.

So if you pay for express post-or normal post come to that- and they take a week to post with no explanantion, one star.

Message 14 of 60
Latest reply

A bit off topic (I often amSmiley Wink) but I was wondering how other people find Austpost.

I find them pretty reliable, I don't have trouble (as a buyer).

Bought something Monday night, got it regular post yesterday(Wednesday). granted it was in the same metro area, but most things I have bought lately, even interstate, have come within the week.

Back when i used to sell with my sister, we sold about 1000 or more things and never had an item go missing.

Yet all the time, I am reading about buyers who claim stuff didn't come etc

Is Aust post really that bad, are some people fibbing, or am I just lucky?

Message 15 of 60
Latest reply

Springy, My personal ecperience with AP is mostly great. I think most issues arrise from contract couriers and something I think AP need to keep a closer check on. (Ours is great though)
The only problem I have is the issue of sorting centers. If I post something interstate it regularly gets there in 2 days and that's just regular post. However if I was to post a letter to someone who lives the next street over it can take 4-7 days. I live at Bribie Island and even our local post gets sent often to North Brisbane or even Brisbane itself and then comes back to the Island. I have heard from family and friends, that even centrelink know of this delay in regular letters getting to and from Bribie and give "customers" benefit of doubt if forms are late etc.

This does not seem to be a problem with parcels though so maybe a different practice for them. IDK?
I have only ever had 2 missing parcels that eventually turned up a week or weeks later. Just last week was a very small parcel and it was crushed and looked just like it would if it had slipped between the seats or something. Item was fine though so no harm done.

Message 16 of 60
Latest reply

Hi spirit. I am a regular buyer and I'm hearing U and feelin' fer U!.....I get jack of this sort of thing too especially if I buy Aussie and get treated like this ref. being charged/choosing express and seller takes their sweet time to post the order (especially if seller doesnt bother to message u with an apology for being late posting out etc). 

Buyer should get service paid for re. postage service....AND order should be posted as soon after the sale as possible, regardless of post service option paid for.

Sellers that are professional, courteous and give a toss always message buyers if there is a postage delay. This is my experience:)

Message 17 of 60
Latest reply

express post is next day delivery.  taking 8 days is unacceptable and so is taking their time posting it.

Message 18 of 60
Latest reply

Gosh If I pay for express post I expect to get express post !!!!!

And sent within the timeframe of sellers stated handling time !!!!!

I do not message sellers to confirm details if I elect to pay for an express service - particularly if seller has quick handling time, and the item location is in express network location then why on earth would I.

I have ZERO sympathy for Ebay sellers "overlooking" that a buyer has paid for express post.  Not good enough.  It does not contribute to creating buyer confidence in the ebay marketplace, so it is not good for anyone.

Sellers, if you choose to offer express post - and it is a choice - put systems in place please that mean you are not getting money and raising expectations for an express post service.  If sellers can't provide the service, and "occasionally miss one"  - then don't offer it !!!!

Message 19 of 60
Latest reply

@boggo58 wrote:

express post is next day delivery.  taking 8 days is unacceptable and so is taking their time posting it.

Express post is not necessarily next day delivery, if you posting east coast to west coast its 3-4 days, if you are posting to a non-major metro area its 2 days. 

However I do agree 8 days is unacceptable.

I choose to express post everything but I subsidise the postage cost. I have a 2 day handling time but usually get everything out within 24hours. I do not charge extra for packaging. People will still ding ya stars, its just never cheap enough or fast enough. Smiley Frustrated

Message 20 of 60
Latest reply