Paying for express post and receiving items regular post instead!

I'm really annoyed with sellers who list and charge for express post shipping to end up sending items via regular post.  I'm dealing with one of these sellers atm.   I waited 8 days and contacted the seller, who said that the express shipping was a listing mistake and that the item was sent via regular post last Thursday.  I really feel that it's not my problem that she made a listing mistake, and as a occassional seller myself I would stand by my mistake and post as I've listed.  My annoyance is that this is around the fourth or fifth time this year already!  What kind of feedback do you leave for these sellers??  I feel terrible leaving negative feedback for anyone, but I'm getting so sick of the laziness of quite a few sellers these days, and especially when I am someone who pays straight away. Grr, think just needed to vent! 🙂

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I've had a seller list an item as Express Post, however it arrived by standard, so I do get the annoyance when something doesn't go as expected, especially when you've paid the price for it, however I think it's necessary to point out that sometimes a seller can adjust the postage service in the SYI form, but it often automatically reverts back to the original service selected.

This happens to me virtually every single time I list and want to change the services I'm offerring. I pull up the drop-down menu, select the new service, enter the price, the page jumps and the service reverts - the price remains so if someone isn't aware of this issue, they may not even know they're still offering express until they receive a buyer's complaint. (That's where how the seller handles the situation becomes more important).

And I do get that the listing, the accuracy of all details etc, is the seller's responsibility, (and yes, if I accidentally offered express without meaning to, and realised at the time the buyer's payment was received, I'd send it express or offer some form of suitable compensation if I received a complaint), but if someone makes a clear action to change the details, it may not occur to them to double-check that their changes 'held', and if they only offered one service, they wouldn't be checking to see which one was selected.

Message 21 of 60
Latest reply

I think this is a load of **bleep** specialy when buying a lot off ebuy and charged $30.00 for express for a small item and it has been sent by regular post even when the seller has been told by contacting them when purchasing you have chosen the express option
Message 22 of 60
Latest reply

The Express Post option is only useful if both the buyer and the seller are in an Express Post Zone.

If one or other of them is not in the zone the item will only go by regular post.

Message 23 of 60
Latest reply

And don't forget this is a 4 year old thread so express certainly won't work with this thread Woman Wink

Message 24 of 60
Latest reply

*groan*.....just when I think I have checked the dates I get caught out again.

When are these old threads going to be locked so we don't waste everyone's time?

Message 25 of 60
Latest reply

What exactly is stopping ancient topics from being locked? I don't know about Lithium but other forums can be set up to lock topics either manually, automatically or with a bot.
Message 26 of 60
Latest reply

There is no reason at all that threads can not be locked.

In fact Michelle from ebay has been locking old threads...starting from the very oldest.  Heaven only knows when she might get round to locking threads that are only a few years old.

If the Moderators were tasked with locking a page of threads during their shifts it would soon be done.  Heaven knows they have precious little moderating to to these days....there is no-one using the boards.

Message 27 of 60
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

There is no reason at all that threads can not be locked.

In fact Michelle from ebay has been locking old threads...starting from the very oldest.  Heaven only knows when she might get round to locking threads that are only a few years old.

If the Moderators were tasked with locking a page of threads during their shifts it would soon be done.  Heaven knows they have precious little moderating to to these days....there is no-one using the boards.

I have suggested the following on more than one occasion, including pitching this directly to michelle.oz:

The moderators should lock all threads on the Buying board.  All at once.  Then, unlock them from page 1 through to about page 5 where we strike threads with no posts in 12 months.  This would involve far less work/time than locking threads on pages 5-35.

Then, repeat the process for the Selling boards.

It could be done in the wee small hours so that it would cause minimal disruption.

Message 28 of 60
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

I have suggested the following on more than one occasion, including pitching this directly to michelle.oz:

The moderators should lock all threads on the Buying board.  All at once.  Then, unlock them from page 1 through to about page 5 where we strike threads with no posts in 12 months.  This would involve far less work/time than locking threads on pages 5-35.

Then, repeat the process for the Selling boards.

It could be done in the wee small hours so that it would cause minimal disruption.

What a great idea. After that, surely there must be some computer program they could put in place that only leaves eg the first 4 pages of threads open, or if people do a search for key words or phrases, that only searches the first 4-5 pages.

There's no reason people can't read old threads if they want to, but it's a bit of a waste answering an old thread as some of the people haven't been back on the boards for years. It's easy to get caught out if you don't check the dates of the opening posts.

Message 29 of 60
Latest reply

the real concern is that posted information can become outdated so quickly nowadays.  When a thread that was started 5 years ago becomes resurrected after 3 to 4 years of inactivity this old information is just no longer relevant, and if members follow 5 year old advice they may well get themselves in trouble.

I believe the problem lies with Lithium. When you start to type a new topic a drop down list appears.  If you click on one of the items on the list and read more then you are taken away from starting a new thread and presented with the thread.  Members who do not know any better then post on that thread.  The result, a resurrected thread.

Message 30 of 60
Latest reply