Buyer gone quiet after payment made

This is an unusual problem. The buyer appears to have paid for the items and the money is in my Bpay account. A condition of the sale, was that the goods had to be picked up from my place, not posted. That never was a problem with the buyer. The buyer couldn't pick the goods up herself, so arranged for a member of family to pick them up last weekend, 22-23 July 2023. I sent my address and mobile no. to the buyer on 21 July.

Since then I haven't heard a thing. The goods haven't been picked up and no-one has contacted me. On Monday 24 July I sent a message via E Bay saying how puzzled I was and hoped all was well. 

I have no other way of contacting the buyer and don't know what to do. The goods are sitting in the middle of the lounge room waiting.

Has anybody else experienced this and what should I do?

I don't want to keep someone's money if they don't have the goods.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On the order form.....go to 'buyer contact details' and see if you can contact 'off eBay'

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

On the order form.....go to 'buyer contact details' and see if you can contact 'off eBay'

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Make sure all your contact is through Ebay,  so there is evidence you have tried.

If no response after 3 months follow your local states unclaimed goods rules.

PS.  Maybe move it out of your lounge room.

I still have a box here from about 2 years ago,  buyer paid, I sent to Queensland,  it came back unclaimed a few weeks later.  Technically I can dispose of it,  but keeping it to remind me of how badly Australia Post handles some parcels.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you. I have made contact. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply