Cancelling an Order help

Good Morning all, after a bit of help surrounding an order, I have paid for an item and wish to cancel the order now unfortunately. The item has not been shipped and order was placed and paid for within the last hour. I have tried to cancel the order but it was declined by the seller. The seller is now advising me he can not cancel the order and is saying he won’t ship it and will contact eBay to arrange a refund? This all sounds fishy to me as I thought he would just cancel it from his end and the refund process would be simple… After advice on how to get a refund? Am I getting stitched up here?? 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Cancelling an Order help

The buyer cannot cancel

Only the seller can, and they are not obligated to do so at all 

BUT if the seller chooses not to cancel (which they are well within their right to decline) , they have to ship the item if it has been paid for

eBay are not going to have any way of knowing if you did not receive it, unless you follow the proper process of opening an item not received dispute once the estimated delivery date has passed

Can't advise otherwise as I don't make fake bids 

I suppose you could try to contact eBay (assuming this was all through eBay messages) and point this out to them

Easier not to buy stuff and then instantly want to cancel

(And yes, we are all going through hard times/health issues/age/etc etc etc) 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply