Phantom sellers

Why won't ebay do something about the Phantom sellers when I informed them?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Phantom sellers

I can bid on a certain items a 1,000 times &win but not one item will be posted to me, then will have to get refund, why won't ebay listen to me & do something about it

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Phantom sellers

How do you know they have not taken action on them?

Sadly it is a case of buyer beware and you must look at the sellers feedback before buying anything.

These days new sellers have to wait 21 days to get access to their money when paid via paypal to help reduce scammers.

As long as you pay with paypal at least you have buyer protection because with bank dep or other payments unless a credit card is used you have no protection at all.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Phantom sellers

You may need to ring them more than once to get any (possible) action

Emailing is pointless because the ebay bots ignore most of them, or spit out a general copy and paste reply 

As mentioned, you can help protect yourself in many cases by reading the feedback given by other buyers. If it is horrid, avoid the seller

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Phantom sellers

Maybe you aren't bidding enough.

Some of those old Phantom's are worth a motza. Mind you, I'd be taking them to an auction house or a comic convention if I had any to sell.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Phantom sellers

They only took action on some but lots more still doing it on same iems
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Phantom sellers

Ahhhh, comic books.

I was scratching my head thinking, are there sellers appearing and disappearing ? Smiley LOL

Agree with auction or comic dealers. Get a better price for them than eBay.

image host
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply