Postage

Hi 

I'm a new seller on eBay and would love to get your advice, if you sell an item which is less than $10. How could you manage that, the shipping cost alone is $10.60 If I use Aus Post. I still need to get a profit margin plus item cost and shipping cost. By all means I find it very hard to sell items less than $10. 

Also, from where do you get the small sachel to send small lightweight items, and from where I can buy it?

Please advise

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Postage

some sellers factor the price of Postage & Handling into their Buy-It-Now item price, while others have the item price with a P&H charge as well.

What you sell might determine which selling path you take.

If a buyer is likely to buy more than one item from you, you might go down the P&H path as it makes combined postage easier.  A buyer is less likely to buy multiple items that have P&H built into the item price without the possibility of a reduction.

As for posting small lightweight items, it depends on the items.  A lightweight silk scarf could be sent in a 'rigid mailer' at large letter rate, while a small Squishmallow would need a satchel.

There are many sellers on eBay that sell unbranded satchels.  Aust Post sell satchels for cheap, with postage paid when sending.

DO NOT buy what are said to be Aust Post Prepaid or Express satchels at prices that seem too good to miss.  There are a lot of counterfeit AP satchels available on eBay and AP are clamping down on people who try to use them.  They will not work out cheaper when they get rejected by AP.

You can save money by buying satchels in bulk through the AP website, or shop at your local Post Office.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Postage

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have the required Aust Post permit to post perfumes?

If not, then you better check AP's Dangerous Goods policy.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply