Refund

toski-7452
Community Member

Hi Members - please help.....

I have been paid for an item I sold but couldn't ship it because of border restrictions. Buyer paid $490, I received $440.

The buyer now wants a refund but, if fees are still payable, I think it's fair that the buyer pays them, not me.

How should I approach the refund process to ensure this happens ?

Regards,  Ann

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Refund

Thanks Lyn,

I will give your suggestion a try.

It wasn't actually my fault ; the buyer couldn't wait for borders to open so she cancelled. We were happy to wait and ship when we could !!

Cheers

Ann

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Refund

Be aware that there is a time limit for you to be able to cancel the transaction AND get your fees back (30 days after the transaction date I believe), if it has passed that time you will not get your fees back and if the buyer opens a case for non-arrival they will get all their money back (as they should).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Refund

lynsh84
Community Member

Process a refund using the option "problem with buyer's address".   That should cancel the transaction and your fees should be refunded except for the 30c processing fee.

It is not actually the buyer's fault.....they completed their end of the deal by paying for their item....it is you who cannot ship the item.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Refund

Thanks Lyn,

I will give your suggestion a try.

It wasn't actually my fault ; the buyer couldn't wait for borders to open so she cancelled. We were happy to wait and ship when we could !!

Cheers

Ann

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Refund

Be aware that there is a time limit for you to be able to cancel the transaction AND get your fees back (30 days after the transaction date I believe), if it has passed that time you will not get your fees back and if the buyer opens a case for non-arrival they will get all their money back (as they should).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply