Return an item

lesfree
Community Member

I am an Ebay Plus member. I purchased an item and the photo of the item was not what was sent. I contacted the seller and he offered a 20% discouint refund. He then offered 60% and then 80% none of which I accepted. He then refunded the lot. I want to return the article, but because I got a refund eBay does not have anywhere on the site to allow a return. How can you contact Ebay by email or phone. There is nothing I can find on their website, thanks,

lesfree

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Return an item

You can contact eBay via live chat from the help page.

Was there no return address on the box/parcel?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Return an item

You can contact eBay via live chat from the help page.

Was there no return address on the box/parcel?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Return an item

The seller had he/she wanted the item returned they would have been up for the return postage - if in Australia - guess they don't want it returned or can't have it returned - I guess you are stuck with it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Return an item

Once it is refunded, why would you want to return it on your dime? The transaction is now closed and the seller doesn't want it, otherwise they would have had to pay for the return.

The correct method would  have been to open a dispute for Item Not as Described. This would have achieved the same outcome, but in a formal manner that Ebay can track. In the dispute the seller would either have had to send a return label (if domestic), postage funds (if overseas), or refund you.

Please read up on what to do when things go wrong. You were lucky you got a refund at all, since most sellers will not act unless there is a formal case opened.

Just chuck the item away or sell it yourself.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Return an item

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Return an item

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. All resolved

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply