Seller didnt post but marked as posted

I bought something and seller marked as posted accidentally, a few days forward he says he cannot post it due to it being damaged. I opened a return case on ebay and realised i shouldnt have because i havent recieved anything and closed it. so i opened a case on paypal, i asked seller to refund and he said he put one through but i rang paypal and they said no refund has been initated, Im not sure what to do and can i even get my money back? I paid through card on paypal

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

1. Don't open more than one case at a time. The order should be eBay, Paypal, bank.

2. You should have opened an item not received case with eBay. I'm not sure that you can change it.

3. Given Paypal only require proof of postage (as per Australian law), if the item has a tracking number, you are screwed. If not, ESCALATE the case when possible. If you let it time out, you will lose.

4. If no resolution through Paypal (unlikely) do a chargeback through your bank.

5. Spend a bit of time reading up on buyer protection. And make sure you hit the correct option when opening a dispute. Far simpler and easier.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi , thank you for the reply. 

There was no tracking provided and since I missed ebay it's going through PayPal . I'll give th seller another call tomorrow to ask . Should I wait instead of making the case a PayPal dispute 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

No. Depending on how long it's been. If you funded the payment with a card it can take a few days for the refund to show in your bank account. Generally allow a week. Escalate as soon as you can.after that.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply