Selling

Hi,
Can anyone advise me;
A family member sold an item on my Ebay account. It was an auction, item sold for $730.
How much will I be charged by Ebay & PayPal?
I know Ebay takes 9% approx, so the amount deposited in my PayPal is less than $710.00.
Is their PayPal or other fees as well.
If not, why do I get an invoice every month??
Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Selling

In March, April and May you have sold many things.

The FV fees are 10.9% on total invoice as they now include the Netflix tax.

From memory PayPal fees are 2.6% plus 30 cents.

If you sell an item and buyer doesn't pick up or pay then you need to either cancel or open an unpaid case to get the fee credited back. Otherwise you are charged as eBay has no way of knowing buyer didnt pay you cash.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Selling

So can you tell me what I would give them out of their $730?
Thatโ€™s fine re cancelling etc, Iโ€™m not having an issue with that. Simply just need to know what amount to give my family, without me being out of pocket
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Selling

eBay fee - 79.57

PayPal fee - 19.28

Balance 631.15

You can select account and check itemised fees in the invoice.

Just can't remember if PayPal is still 2.6 or it jumped to 2.8%

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Selling

Thanks!! ๐Ÿ‘
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Selling

Also, my husband sold bunks for $ 310.00 & says he owes me $9.00, what would all those fees total? Sorry Iโ€™m not good at calculating, but great at getting ripped off ๐Ÿ™„
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Selling

If you look at your itemised list of fees for the month so far (or your last invoice if it's on that) it'll show you exactly what the fees were on each item. It's usually broken down to fees on item price and fees on postage amount, but if it was a pick up item there won't be any fees on postage.

If you sign in to your paypal account and select the relevant transaction it'll show you the exact amount of fees paypal took from your payment.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Selling

go-tazz
Community Member

This calculates eBay and PP fees:

https://www.ebayfeescalculator.com/

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply