Soliciting positive feedback in order to get refund?

Is this what eBay has come to? I bought an item that was misrepresented as being in NSW. It turns out the seller is in China. Item never arrived. I requested a refund and was told they would issue a refund if I agreed to giving them 5 star positive feedback. I have said to them that is they issue a refund, then I will not leave any feedback for the 'transaction '.

awaiting a reply. Their English isn't the best, so I can only hope.

However, if there is no refund, then there will be negative feedback left.

Have I done the right thing and is there a way I can report them for a) misrepresentation and b) for feedback extortion? There used to be a way, but the site has changed significantly since I last had to do this. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A very very common trick with these sellers

Reort them to ebay for feedback extortion

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thank yo. ๐Ÿ™‚. After much looking, I've managed to report them for both feedback extortion and misrepresentation of their location. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I'd be more concerned about getting my money back. That's far more important to me than getting a Chinese seller a slap on the wrist with a feather.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Interesting that after lodging 2 complaints, I had a refund from the seller within an hour. And they were quite contrite regarding the feedback demand

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply