Tamagotchi

I have a few Tamagotchi's to sell, found while cleaning up kids toys (now adults LOL).  I am concerned not  all may be genuine due to some slight differences, but am aware this is not uncommon depending on regions they originated from or were destined for.  I have spent hours pouring through relevant sites but haven't yet got to anything definitive!  I'm aware there are very good fakes around and would never want to advertise something that it is not. 

I was thinking of just stating Tamagotchi and refer potential buyers to the pictures as part of description, ensuring I take any of imprints, etc.  I figure collectors would know and bid/not bid accordingly.  Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Tamagotchi

Unfortunately, @pm030659, you cannot list an item as a particular brand unless you are certain that it is genuine. Failure to do so will put you at risk of claims of SNAD, and of your items being pulled by eBay, as well as receiving chastisement from eBay.

For those about which you are not certain, you could list it as egg-shaped computer toy, or Egg watch (computer toy). If you're not sure, you cannot include the name Tamagotchi in the heading or in the description.

List the ones that you know are genuine as Tamagotchi.

This is the only way to avoid pitfalls.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Tamagotchi

Thank you for your reply.  I am extremely honest in my postings and was going to include 'not sure if genuine' or similar.  I have noticed others the same that have sold or are still up for sale one eBay listed under the brand name, but it's something I just wouldn't do where any doubt whatsoever.  Very confusing with such convincing fakes....I should have put these on ebay years ago when my memory was better and I knew if purchased as genuine or not!!   I think I will keep searching the internet for definitive knowledge on if genuine for a bit longer.  🙂

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Tamagotchi

Good thinking! A bit of searching to verify authenticity would pay dividends!

The policy that explains the issue of listing genuine/maybe genuine items is the Counterfeit item policy _new-link.gif. Quoting from that:

❝If you're not certain that your item is authentic, or if an authenticator has been unable to confirm its authenticity, it may not be listed.❞

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply