Why wont ebay let me pay?

benjkal_8
Community Member

I've been trying to pay for a few items i've wanted. I kept them in my cart until i had enough money to buy it and now it wont let me. When i try to buy it, they take me to a screen that talks about a buying limit, there are only four items in my cart,  (2 are from one buyer). I don't know what to do and i need help.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Have a look at the link below and see which restriction applies to you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buying-limits-restrictions/buying-limits-restrictions?id=4012

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to pay for an item and it wont let me. I keep getting the same screen saying "something went wrongplease try checking out again. " . Ive logged out tried again. Tried another payment method. waited 2 hrs and tried again. checked everything is in order.  I have done this over 20 times today. i contacted the seller to explain my issue and the ebay help phone number has a recording saying come to the website. There is nowhere for me to get help through this website though. Paypal account is fine. Funds are fine. Its an ebay only issue. What should i do ?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You only posted three minutes ago, so other members have not had a chance to try to help you

Firstly, it is better to start your own thread for this, instead of tacking your comment on someone else's issue that was posted two years ago

Have you checked your account to make sure the funds have not actually come out (ie, that the error message itself is not an error?)

That's where I'd start

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Have you tried another browser?

Do you have a VPN?

Are you using the app or the real site?

Does the seller post to your area?

Do you have PO box?

Have you cleared cache/cookies etc? 

Is the item in your cart?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Hi,

Due to the age, this thread has been locked. Please, open a new thread if you still need assistance.

Thank you

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply