Wrong item sent. Product sent no use to me. Seller has only offered to refund half my purchase price

The product received is not what I ordered. It is the wrong size. The product received is of no use to me. Happy to return at their cost. As I didn't make the mistake. The seller has offered to refund only half my cost price. What I received isn't even worth $10.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Wrong item sent. Product sent no use to me. Seller has only offered to refund half my purchase price

I've never opened a dispute but have you looked in the 'My ebay' section?

If you opened an ebay dispute, I'd think it might give a date in there by which things should be settled or a seller should make a response?

All this operates independently of the seller. 

If the seller is located in Australia, they should issue you with a return postage label so you can send the item back (if they want it, otherwise they can just refund in full without you returning the item).

Always follow ebay procedure to the letter.

Do not close the claim, no matter what the seller says. Also do not let it lapse. If you are not given a refund, escalate the claim before the set date.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

If you have already opened a claimโ€ฆ you can escalate only if the seller has not responded in the dispute within 3 business days, or if the sellerโ€™s response/solution is unsatisfactory and doesnโ€™t resolve the issue - again, within 3 business days. A failure on the sellerโ€™s part to accept return and full refund is unsatisfactory.

You should be able to escalate after the required time. Look within the dispute for the option.

Itโ€™s the sellerโ€™s responsibility to provide return postage; if they are within Australia, a postage label should be supplied by the seller. It may be that you donโ€™t need to return the faulty item if the seller decides itโ€™s not worth their paying the return postage.

Do not let the dispute time out. Itโ€™s 21 days from opening the dispute (after which it closes without resolution or refund), so be sure to act within the timeframes.

Ask in this thread if youโ€™re unsure about anything.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply