item not received, delivery time is out of dispute tiimeframe, can i do anything

Ordered items in June, had a 6 week delivery timeframe, contacted seller when didn't arrive, seller giving runaround, keeps resending emails he's sent telling me to see if neighbours have it.  I think they purposely delay so there is nothing that can be done.  It think there is only 21 days to lodge a dispute, the option is no longer in the menu.

thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

item not received, delivery time is out of dispute tiimeframe, can i do anything

If you used PayPal you have several months to open a dispute there

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

thanks yes I did use paypal, I will contact them
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You should be able to lodge a dispute within 30 days from the estimated arrival date,so when an item doesn't arrive on a certain date you then have 30 days to open a case.

You must have left it longer than that so as enigma said open a case with PayPal.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@purplzone3 wrote:

I think they purposely delay so there is nothing that can be done.  It think there is only 21 days to lodge a dispute, the option is no longer in the menu.

If it's the seller you've left the neg for delaying tactics are very common with Chinese sellers. You have, as said 30 days from the last ETA of the parcel to open a case with eBay or 180 days from the purchase date with Paypal.

Whatever happens DO NOT close the case until you're completely satisfied with the result as you cannot reopen a case with either eBay or Paypal once it is closed. Don't accept promises of a refund if you close the case, get the refund into your account first then close it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You bought on 13th June according to the selling history on the listing. That item appears to have an estimated arrival of up to 7 1/2 weeks so I'm surprised you can't still open an item not received claim through the ebay money back guarantee.

As said, the MBG can be opened up to 30 days after the last expected delivery date, which wouldn't be for another 2 or 3 weeks. It might be worth ringing ebay about it and asking can you still open a claim through them. If you've already opened a claim through paypal you can't open one through both, so stick with the one you've opened - but don't ever let anyone stall you again. You can always repay them later if you've got a refund and it does arrive later.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply